Visions 2: So We've Been Told

Java

Reaction score
Well, it doesn't hurt to try. Just don't burn yourself out with all that work.

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
Wow, what an awesome story!
I read it all and just rollercoastered.
I know Miss Piggy and Gonzo aren't an official pairing in this fic
but....I am a FAN OF THE PAIRING! Ever since I was a little girl.
To see Gonzo and Piggy interact so romantically...

WELL!

I did what I normally would do.
*Squeals*
Moooorrreeeee poooosssttttt...

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
Aw, well.
I know how that is.
Life loves to tackle us
and grab us by the stomach
and twist our insides til
we....

Erherm.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually sis... You should try finding Visions 1 and read that first... And there's two other stories of Bo's rully worth reading, And What's On The Other Side? about Beauregard (the Muppet)'s home inside the rainbow itself; and the short story about Robin's parents getting divorced.
Have fun reading.

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
Oh, I was wonderin' to meself of that.
It was obvious with the 2 thing...but ah...
I can be a little air-headed.
Thanks for the tip.

Beauregard

Reaction score
*laughs!*

One of the reasons I stopped writing Visions 2 was because I got violent dissaproval of the Gonzo/Piggy pairing...which I happen to ADORE. It's great to see someone else who thinks simililarly! Of course it would never work out in the real world...but the dark universe gives me that extra freedom.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Huh? Who disapproved? Frankly, I thought it went quite well and was a good development given that this is the Dark Universe where Gonzo is the main protagonist in lue of Kermit. And again, like you say, there is a certain freedom since this is the world where Kermit was never born. Hope inspiration hits and you can get to finishing this story.

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
No, I thought I was the only one to share that interest.
I am a Kermit/Piggy fan, but COME ON! Gonzo had a crush on Piggy
in TMS in the start. I noticed he respects her more than any of the muppets.
If you've observed the way he sometimes mentions in the interviews when asked about his fascination with Miss Piggy; He can't help but kinda turn his head a bit "I-I don't want to talk about it."

Sorry, my fandom went on there.
I am a HEAVY supporter of the two.
Though, the majority prefer Kermit and Piggy...
so that's why I do not dedicate so much for the two
even though I LOVE LOVE LOVE the pairing.

So, Beau, please continue!
Besides, THIS IS A GREAT STORY!

:smile: *Holds her big rubber finger in the air that says "CONTINUE OR DIE!"*

Beauregard

Reaction score
Certainly I don't wish to die...*runs away rapidly, scattering half finished Visions pages behind me*

Beauregard

Reaction score
Ok, here's the deal. I know that I am not going to get back to this story in a long time, and yet the thought of these characters trapped forever in this universe is too much for me, so I am going to post the rest of the story in synopsis form, with splashes of the old "lining" I used to do with Lisa and Layla. I hope that's ok...and that you enjoy hearing the story, even if it doesn't have the same effect as writing it fully.

There is one scene first though that I never posted.

--

Chapter 12

A second train screamed past the station, hot on the heals of the first. This train was older and clattered angrily, like a herd of cow's hooves stomping and scrabbling over a cattle grid in a bid to escape some bestial creature of the night searching for food.

The sounds cracked against inside Miss Piggy's head, striking a harsh hook of reality into her mind. Her eyes opened, not softly, but suddenly. Feeling returned, spreading from her fingers and outwards through her entire body. She felt hands slide down her back and froze stiffly, her eyes focusing on the face pressed against her own.

She realised with a bubble of panic that she was suffocating and panicking and drowning on her thoughts all at the same time. She struggled to the surface. This was a mistake. She tried to pull back, but her head was already trapped against the cold surface of the wall.

Gonzo didn't notice at first.

He kissed her again, pulling her closer, tighter. "Piggy," he murmured and as she shook her head he assumed she was angling for a better position.

Her gloved hands struggled against his chest where they felt imprisoned between herself and him. Gonzo responded to her touch by moving one hand from her back to catch her fingers with his own.

"No!" The word darted from Miss Piggy's mouth through an intake of breath.

Gonzo stopped, perfectly still in front of her. His fingers trembled against the red velvet of her gloves as he released them. Perhaps it was the cold that made him shiver. It really was cold here. The platform acted as a wind tunnel, channelling cold air between them. Perhaps it was adrenaline. Perhaps --

Piggy snatched her hands back to herself. "Gonzo," she breathed, lowering her hands to her side, moving out from in front of him. Gonzo closed his eyes and touched his forehead against the concrete. Piggy continued backing. "I…I thought you were killed! I thought vous…the train…"

Gonzo opened his eyes to gaze at his feet, then raised his head to capture the image of Miss Piggy against the pale light of the station. "You were too close...had to move you away...from the train." A taste lingered, still infused with every cell.

"I was…" Piggy bent slightly to lift her handbag from the place it had fallen on the ground. "…fine. I'm sure that…"

Gonzo turned so that his back was against the wall. "I shouldn't have forced you near the tracks. It was…"

"…we shouldn't have been so…" She held the handbag to her chest, a separating barrier between them.

Gonzo kept talking, "… stupid, we could've been…"

And so did she "…careless because we could've been…"

They broke down to a stop and waited. Finally Piggy lowered the handbag.

"Why did you…" she started and-

"I don't know." Gonzo finished.

The wind howled as it swirled along the platform, passing between the two, shifting Miss Piggy's skirt and playing with Gonzo's trouser legs.

"I have to leave now," Miss Piggy stated and her heels smacked the concrete as she moved towards the steps down from the platform. She glanced back once when she reached the gates, but Gonzo hadn't moved to come after her so she walked on, letting the gates squeak to a clasped silence behind her.

Walls whispered past her as she walked, neither hurrying nor slowing, back the way they had come together, back towards the Murray Hotel. Her home. She crossed the road between a taffy-flowing traffic and dipped into her handbag for the key. The short metal key seemed to dance anywhere but the lock. She stabbed the key forward and it hit the doorframe.

"Here."

A steady hand caught her own and the key slid into place with a scratch of metal on metal.

Gonzo released her hand and Miss Piggy pushed the door open with her shoulder without going in. She took a breath, paused, and released it. He had come back, then. He had followed her after all. Piggy held the door open with the back of one hand and turned but Gonzo was gone. The street was empty.

Cars passed by in sticky growls on tired engines.

Piggy stepped inside and the door swung closed.

Miss Piggy sat on the couch, her shoulders wrapped in her blanket, a mug of tea clasped in her hands. At some point while Gonzo had been making the tea, she had changed her gloves and now wore a plain pair of yellow ones. Gonzo had handed her the mug, and she had taken it carefully. Their fingers hadn't touched, and as a result, Gonzo had burned his hand. He didn't mind.

He watched her sip, noticing the way that thin streams of steam drifted around her delicate shout and clouded her eyes. He focused his gaze onto something, anything, else. He discovered that a small frog-shaped photo album stood proudly on a small table beside the phone, and realised that if he let his eyes rest on that green frame then Miss Piggy became blurred beyond it. It was a nice frame, but there was a chip on one of the frog's eyes. Gonzo adjusted his sitting position on the floor again and the frame blurred as he concentrated on Miss Piggy once more. Her bright eyes had dimmed since he saw them last, covered by something like a memory.

Miss Piggy looked over the rim of her mug and settled her eyes on the back of a frog-shaped photo-frame, refusing to allow herself to examine the contours of Gonzo's nose, or to remember how soft it felt against her cheek. She didn’t think about his hands on hers, or his mouth, and she rebuffed the temptation to imagine herself stepping off the couch, letting the blanket drift to the floor, and walking over to him.

She blinked and the edges of the frame softened as the image of Gonzo grew sharper. She knew he was looking at her and tightened the blanket around her shoulders, pulling it to cover more of her body.

Gonzo stood up and walked to the sink. "Are you done?" He indicated the tea and she indicated that she was. Gonzo stepped closer, took the mug, and set about washing it under the tap. Water ran over his hands, sinking into the blue fur. He scrubbed the outside of the mug, turned it over, rinsed the inside. He shut off the water and dried his hands on a towel before turning to Miss Piggy.

"We have to talk," he said and Piggy got to her feet.

The blanket partly fell but snagged on her left shoulder, unfolding into a draped line that then gathering on the floor. "I, er…" She paused, grasped all her willpower and promptly locked it in a dark room, leaving her mask to do the talking. "Oh, ahaaha! Long day tomorrow. Must move. Three am and moi needs moi's beauty sleep. Besides the kitties! They will want their breakfast in a few hours." She stepped towards him. "Got to get that grime off." And past him. "Excuuuuse me." The bathroom door slammed shut behind her.

Gonzo kept his eyes fixed on the door until he heard the squeak of feet on tiles and the bubbling rush of water from a shower head, then he returned to his work on the cup, drying it carefully and hanging it from the cup tree where it swing gently back and forth on the hook.

When Piggy emerged from the bathroom, the only thing moving was the one exceedingly clean cup still swaying on its hook. Other than that, the cats were asleep, as quiet as statues.

Gonzo was gone.