Video: What We Are Anthem

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's a new version of "What I Am" from Sesame Workshop...

This anthem was created as a theme song for Sesame Workshop's Resilience Project, Little Children Big Challenges. The anthem features Muppets and families in the general public and military singing together, showing persistence, and demonstrating strength.

SSLFan

Reaction score
I love this vid for the simple fact that they used Big Bird. Also, Mr. Caroll Spinney himself performed Big Bird here. I personally think it's one of his best performances as BB in recent years.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Well, he performed him for some shots (the ones with the families). All the rest were someone else (presumably Matt). He's definitely doing the voice though.

SSLFan

Reaction score
Lol It's definately Caroll. Matt's BB puppet is different in head shape than Caroll's. Matt's is more rounder and oval like. You can always distinguish who's playing BB that way. Unless Matt used Caroll's puppet instead of his own, I doubt he did this. Which is why I was so impressed with this performance, it's like Mr. Spinney found his fountain of youth here. :wisdom:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Matt's puppet may have been modified recently; notice the different Abby in the video (her eyes seem to be bigger and her face seems fuzzier). I can assure you Matt or somebody else did most of the performing in this. The close ups with him and the military families are Caroll for sure, but the rest isn't.

mr3urious

Reaction score
What a beautiful song with a nice ensemble of characters (i.e., not dominated by :laugh:)! When SS is at their best, they always blow me away! :smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
This was good. It would have made for a good celebrity montage song.

Actually, it would have been better if it had a lot more characters. Maybe if it had a large number of Muppets (past and present), the human cast, and various celebrities. Maybe that'd be too big for the budget, but it'd be cool.

When I first saw the title of this thread I wondered if this would be a Sesame Street version of all those all-star "message songs" from the 1980s (We Are the World, Feed the World). I don't think the Muppets, Sesame or otherwise, have ever done a song like that.

mo

Reaction score
I like it!
that's all I'm gonna say

muppet maniac

Reaction score
Seeing how there's so many wide-angle lens shots in the video, I was kind of expecting Big Bird to scream, "My Wide Angle Lens is About to Burst!"

(Nostalgia Critic reference there. :stick_out_tongue::laugh: )

InvaderZim

Reaction score
Like this version heaps-great to see Big Bird in it, plus families included is a nice touch. Better than the one aired in Season 41.