Video: "The Not-Too-Late Show with Elmo" YouTube Preview Thursday May 21, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thursday night don't miss a special live YouTube preview of "The Not-Too-Late Show with Elmo" on Thursday May 21, 2020 at 7|6c.

Enjoy the show and let us know your thoughts.

If you saw this preview, please like this post and share your thoughts below.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
That was fun. Baby Bear being in charge of craft services and Biff and Sully being the delivery people was a big surprise. l liked all the obscure characters in the audience: The cookie t-rex, Horatio, Stephanie's number 2, the Gingerbread Man, Harvey, Rico/Norbert, Forgetful, Mumford, Chipowski, Captain Vegetable, Leo Birdelli, Roosevelt, Twinkle Twinkle, the purple polka-dotted sock, Don, Lefty, Saul the Ball , Sherlock, Brandies, the Wish Pickle, Bug, Phoebe, Madame Chairbird, and Humphrey. Did I miss anyone?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Some of the performers and crew are in there as well.

But that was very cute. It's nice to see all the characters involved (especially Baby Bear! His mom works there, makes sense he does too). Feels a little less structured than the average late night show, but they try to cram a lot into 15 minutes; I don't think it flowed very well. And I guess it depends on the guests too; the J-Bros weren't very engaging (and a pretty lousy song choice). I would watch more of it, though.

Final thought - that singing toothbrush looked like something out of Don't Hug Me I'm Scared.

Muzzarino

Reaction score
That brush cousin of Timmy's dog brushbrush (who only returned wearing a face mask as a sign of the corona virus and wasn't on this special) also resembles the Handy Mandy tools even though the two respective toothbrush dogs are puppets with this being a muppet for the teeth cleansing song while the other was a Bob Fappiano build.

Muzzarino

Reaction score
That was fun. Baby Bear being in charge of craft services and Biff and Sully being the delivery people was a big surprise. l liked all the obscure characters in the audience: The cookie t-rex, Horatio, Stephanie's number 2, the Gingerbread Man, Harvey, Rico/Norbert, Forgetful, Mumford, Chipowski, Captain Vegetable, Leo Birdelli, Roosevelt, Twinkle Twinkle, the purple polka-dotted sock, Don, Lefty, Saul the Ball , Sherlock, Brandies, the Wish Pickle, Bug, Phoebe, Madame Chairbird, and Humphrey. Did I miss anyone?
Marty's next to the gingerbread dinosaur.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
I already enjoy this way more than the main show, and I've only seen the first episode! Very fun performances from everyone involved (except the Jonas Brothers; as much as I like them, yeah they really sucked in this). Also, this is the first time that I've audibly laughed unironically at modern-day SST content in years, so I'll give it that too! I'm curious how they'll manage to fit other major characters into the show: Big Bird, Oscar, Grover, and Rudy were all noticeably missing. In the end, it was very cute and I can't wait to see more!!

tutter_fan

Reaction score
I thought it was absolutely awesome. I loved the chaos going on in the control room. Seeing Don Music was just so awesome! When I saw Biff & Sully....... boy did that bring back memories!!! Seeing the band play really 'fast forward' made me laugh!!!

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if he does show up at some point. I mean, if we got Baby Bear, I wouldn't doubt it.
I know some fans were annoyed when during the 2000's when Telly was in a majority of the street scenes, however I think Marty's performance of Telly shows that he is one of the most talented performers.

Status
Not open for further replies.