Video: "The Muppets" Official ABC Pitch Reel

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
One of the details I absolutely love in the presentation is the branded coffee cups are ‘Bunsen and Beaker’.

Now all I can imagine is Bunsen and Beaker making coffee everyday for everyone with their new machine and Beaker memorised what everyone likes and runs about the studio handing them out so what I’m saying is I need a short fic of this!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Regarding Denise, I wish we could have had something at the beginning to establish them as a couple, as opposed to it being pointed out to Kermit later. Kermit casually greets Denise, I wish they would have instead came in to the meeting room together, or exchanged a kiss, or that Denise would have been right beside Kermit when he made his announcement. Or that she would have made some kind of suggestion for the show, or mentioned that she spent her money on some kind of nonsense.

In fact, for the show, it would be good if she kept giving Kermit ideas for the show, maybe bad ideas that Kermit reluctantly says yes to.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
so the Show will debut Tuesday September 22nd at 8:00PM eastern time on ABC?

I totally agree with the Rachael Herrick video! something I would ad to what she said with the letdown at the box office for MMW, which was a shame because it was a great wonderful movie!, could a new Muppet Show make the Muppets more popular and a possible future theatrical release might get better box office numbers?

Last edited:

Dodo

Reaction score
My only concern is that this show is going to focus on personal lives, and personal lives have very small percentages of magic and musical numbers, don't they? I can't imagine muppets without magic and musical numbers.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Just wanna tell everyone, the pilot was taken down. So if anyone has it please post it. Also it's on Comcast on Demand so you can watch it there.

Muppy

Reaction score
As much as I wish they kept it uploaded, it kind of makes sense that they would take it down since the first episode of The Muppets was basically "the Pitch: The Extended Edition".

Muppy

Reaction score
Not really. The plot is quite different from Pig Girls Don't Cry.
Well the whole Fozzie subplot is basically taken straight from the pilot (but it's extended). The rest (minus some jokes like the 1 on 1 interview line by Gonzo) is pretty much new material.