Video: The Muppets and the NFL with Frank Caliendo

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
I was listening to local radio (Milwaukee) on my way to work this morning. They were talking to Frank Caliendo who is a Milwaukee native. Caliendo is an impressionist and does a bit on the ESPN Monday Night Football pre-game show. He wasn't sure if he was allowed to say it but he said this week's bit will be with the Muppets. I think he said it will be a bit on the Muppets and their appearances with ABC's/ESPN's/Disney's stars with Caliendo impersonating the star.

He does a very good Miss Piggy impersonation by the way.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
That's interesting. I'm not a football fan, but that would give me a reason to watch. I'll have to check that out.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I always like when the Muppets appear on ESPN programming, and them appearing on Monday Night Countdown instantly makes that show 500 times more watchable than normal. They probably could offer more coherent insight than everyone there save Tom Jackson and Steve Young, lol.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Charlie, don't make me bust out my "C'mon Man" moment.
:attitude: and MK3 sounds like a perfect pairing, just so long as the daily slice of pumpkin pie has been shared. And who better than Sam to endorse the true American dessert.

Not sure if I'll catch this appearance, but I know sites like here and Toughpigs and the Mindset will probably cover it.
BTW: My most favorite Caliendo bit was from last Christmas when he recited Twas The Night Before Christmas switching between all the ESPN personalities he impersonates.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Well, I was way off. I thought they would appear during the actual game. So I already missed it?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Well, I was way off. I thought they would appear during the actual game. So I already missed it?
Yeah. I missed it too. But I don't get ESPN. I thought the games were still on ABC. (See, since I'm not a football fan I'm out of the loop on these things.) Anyway, I'm waiting to see :mad: on GMA as we speak, but I kind of have my doubts now since they didn't say anything about her appearance in the opening. Anyway, that's a different subject. They just haven't opened that thread yet. Anyway, in the meantime if anyone has any clips of the Muppets on Monday Night Football, let me know.