Video: "The Muppet Movie - The (Nearly) 35th Anniversary Edition" coming to Blu-Ray in 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Here's something that probably won't be on the Blu-ray. I've posted a rarely seen Super 8 cut down of the film. It includes alternate audio tracks, and even a brief deleted scene.
Part 1:

Part 2:
I wouldn't want that on the Blu-ray. There's nothing special about it. It's just a shortened version of the movie.

JonnyBMuppetMan

Reaction score
Interesting. So I'm guessing this Super 8 edition was a then-current equivalent of a home video release?

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
DVDizzy.com has reviewed "Shanghai Noon & Shanghai Knights 2-Movie Collection" Blu-ray which was released 7th of May and says "The Lone Ranger" and "The Muppet Movie" trailers are included! Fingers crossed we should know something soon.

ToodlesTeam

Reaction score
I recall reading that using solely the "Disney" name is a synergy thing to keep a concise consistent brand identity and to have a name quickly identifiable on small screens like iOS devices and the like. So instead of having some things be Walt Disney and others go by other names, it's all just "Disney" now. Which, I guess, kinda makes sense, but it seems a little goofy to me. And it does mean that some aspects of the company, like the Muppets, lose some of their unique branding for it, at least on the packaging.

Status
Not open for further replies.