Video: "The Muppet Movie - The (Nearly) 35th Anniversary Edition" coming to Blu-Ray in 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Like others here, I am looking forward to seeing the Blu-ray artwork. I don't think Disney will just reuse the photo from the old VHS (or as it turns out on the DVDs) for the North American release. I could be wrong of course, but I think they'll want something that will grab people's attention more, something that would really pop.

But I wouldn't be too bummed even if it was that photo, honestly, it's not that bad. I'm really excited to hear what the bonus features will be, no doubt the DVD will get the shaft when it comes to bonus features, but the Blu-ray has to have a few new good things, it's bound to included a least a "Disney intermission" for when you set it on pause, and those are really fun, judging from what I've seen on my Muppets and Wreck it Ralph Blu-rays.

JonnyBMuppetMan

Reaction score
I didn't think the artwork from the 2005 DVD was bad either, so if they reuse it again, I guess I wouldn't mind that much. The Blu-ray will most likely have some new content and (hopefully) some old content as well. I know that's wishful thinking, but at the very least, they could dig up The Muppets Go Hollywood special or something and I'd be happy.

Come on, Disney. Get some classic Muppet content out there, please.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Can anyone clarify what music is playing at the end of the trailer? I've heard that music so many times in multiple Disney trailers, including Green with Envy, and a few Pixar Short trailers. It's driving me crazy!

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Can anyone clarify what music is playing at the end of the trailer? I've heard that music so many times in multiple Disney trailers, including Green with Envy, and a few Pixar Short trailers. It's driving me crazy!
It's the "Toreado's Song" form "Carmen" Here's the music I'm sure you heard before.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Hey! That is the music! Thanks so much!

But, y'know near the end of the trailer, (at the 0:44 mark) they play a different one. One that was also played multiple "The Muppets" promos and the Pixar Shorts Vol.2.

This one starting at 1:50 mark.

This one at the 1:02 mark.

David Fry

Reaction score
Hey! That is the music! Thanks so much!

But, y'know near the end of the trailer, (at the 0:44 mark) they play a different one. One that was also played multiple "The Muppets" promos and the Pixar Shorts Vol.2.

This one starting at 1:50 mark.

This one at the 1:02 mark.

I suspect that it’s nothing at all - either music composed in-house or some royalty-free music loop they bought for this purpose. The only piece of music it vaguely resembles is the “Dies irae” movement of Verdi’s Messa da Requiem, and that’s a bit of a stretch.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Here's something that probably won't be on the Blu-ray. I've posted a rarely seen Super 8 cut down of the film. It includes alternate audio tracks, and even a brief deleted scene.
Part 1:

Part 2:

Status
Not open for further replies.