Video: "The Muppet Movie - The (Nearly) 35th Anniversary Edition" coming to Blu-Ray in 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
*bump*
I just wanted to pop in and say that this trailer is also on the Frankenweenie Blu-Ray and DVD, if anyone saw it. I was really excited to see it there! :smile:

Rugratskid

Reaction score
If only I had Blu-Ray. It's so expensive! Guess I will have to deal with the DVD version for now.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Huh...not a horrible cover, could be worse, though the off-centeredness of it is bothering me :stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hey. Isn't that the cover from the 1990's Disney home video release?

Mr Sweetums

Reaction score
yep that's the one, it's actually not a bad cover but it's a shame they didn't use the whole picture. I think it was last year that Disney released TMM here in the U.K on DVD and used the same cover but didn't cut out the lower part of the pic which I think makes it look much better.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Muppet-Movie-DVD/dp/B000B7VZKG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1361208327&sr=8-2

As long as there's some nice new special features we havn't seen before then they could stick Kermit and Piggy upside down on the cover and i'd be happy.

:grr:

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I'm not hating the cover, but I'm not loving it.
One thing that annoys me though, is the fact that the movie, "The Muppets" logo is always all over the place. It's confusing as to what is what, since the same logo is now being used for every Muppet piece of merchandise.

Plaid Fraggle

Reaction score
I think this cover choice is kind of tacky and horrible, and I try so hard to not be picky about aesthetics!! :sympathy:

Considering how beautiful the original poster art from the 70s is, it's a shame that a reissue isn't aiming to look just as handsome for consumers who may well have other versions. Ah well...it might be a licensing issue when it comes to old art like that, yeah? I don't know much about that sort of thing.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It really is a shame it isn't. The way things are going, it's going to wind up being more cluttered poser pictures or something. We really deserve better covers than we usually get.

Status
Not open for further replies.