Video: New Elmo premieres at the 2013 Easter Egg Roll

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Everytime I rewatch this, I see Kevin's movements in Ryan's performance. He really taught him well.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
At first I thought this would be an April Fools joke, but I guess not.

I can agree with what others have been saying so far as far as the movements and vocal inflections go, this is very much the Elmo we have grown to know and love. The voice itself is an adjustment, but I'm sure as time goes by, we'll get used to it... I remember having trouble getting used to Eric's Bert and Grover and David's Cookie at first, but after a couple of years or so, I didn't think much of it anymore, as you just have to accept these things: performers aren't going to be around forever, and therefore, new performers have to step up to the plate in order to keep the characters around forever. We got used to Steve's Kermit and Ernie, we got used to Matt's Big Bird (and will get used to his Count as well), we got used to Eric's Bert and Grover, we got used to David's Cookie, we'll get used to Ryan's Elmo. That is if he will be the new Elmo, since it seems like SW hasn't made up their minds about a permanent new performer just yet.

ncchuck

Reaction score
I am all for Ryan Dillon being elmo but TMZ making fun of Ryan is just plain rude and a lil offensive and shows they were more interested in making jokes than researching who he was.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I'm really surprised that they did a live appearance so soon. I thought for sure everything would have been dubbed with maybe one or two songs. I find that this is a very interesting move on SW's part.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
This was a wonderful performance! :laugh:
Ryan should be very proud!!!

I'm proud of him. SW appears to be claiming this was a temporary one-off performance, but I hope it winds up being a permanent casting. Either way, way to go, Ryan!

(As for TMZ, they suck and they represent what is wrong with our culture.)

SpinneyBigBird1

Reaction score
I actually think Ryan did a great job. It must have been crazy nerve-wracking to step into this role so soon after the character was thrust into international media attention. The voice I thought was very close in pitch and personality and the movements and interactions were spot on. If Ryan is the new choice, I think he will do great. :laugh:

That being said, how dare TMZ post such a rude article to go along with this (Sorry...I had to read it). It's scum like them that are going to tarnish Elmo's good name by undermining him in front of the whole web. Ugh I had such little respect for TMZ before this, yet somehow it dropped tenfold after reading this. :grr:

ftnpro

Reaction score
TMZ is really stupid... but I pretty much knew that already.

I've been nervous about seeing and hearing the new Elmo, but this really makes me feel better about it. Ryan does the voice well and has Elmo doing very Elmo-y things. Put the character into context on the Sesame Street set, and it looks like Ryan can pull it off.

I think it's smart of Sesame Workshop to put Elmo's puppeteer out there at an event like this at first, in a clip that won't be so widely seen. Kind of testing the waters.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
What a nice surprise this was! Very good work, and I hope to see more from him!

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
WoW!! that was fast on Sesame Workshops part... he was good muppeteering Elmo (Im still NOT an elmo fan!) i can tell JUST a lil difference in the voice, but NOT bad! :skeptical:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
He dose seem to interact with the children very well.