Video: Muppets on "The Late Late Show with James Cordon" on Thursday June 25, 2020

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
It was great! Rizzo still doesn't have a performer yet, but he got a closeup!

Erine81981

Reaction score
It was a great musical appearance. I guess I thought they were going to be talking about the new show. Oh well. Nice to see them on a Late Night talk show for once. It's been a while since they've come on to do something with any of the talk shows. I really enjoyed it. Sorry for the wrong information.

kathy26

Reaction score
And the song they were singing was "I Get By With Little Help From My Friends".

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's the song from this great appearance for those who missed it. It sounds like Dr. Teeth's vocals were the same as what was recorded for the Outside Lands Music and Arts Festival back in 2016.

And here Statler and Waldorf heckle James.

jobi71

Reaction score
I liked the appearance a lot. I laughed at Statler and Waldorf's heckling. Sometimes their bits are more complaining than wit. (And all the late night hosts have commented on wishing they had an audience, so the set up was very organic). Nice collection of characters - not just the main 6. They also took some time to have appropriate backgrounds for each character. (Dr. Teeth has a nice apartment). I like Rowlf in the white tile bathroom. Many of my online meetings have at lease one person in the bathroom - the white tiles make a good bright and neutral backgorund and the acoustics are often better. There are a lot of nice Muppet treasures in the shelves behind Walter and Fozzie too. I do wish James had given Muppets Now a quick plug heading into commercial. Maybe he did later on.

A side question: was that a new outfit for Lips? I know the band got a fashion upgrade, but I don't remember that shirt.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
Since I missed this last night, I watched it on YouTube, it was very nice.