Video: Muppets Most Wanted Official US and International Trailers On-line

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
If I see a trailer/scene/behind the scenes with Ross Lynch again....I'm gonna kill myself
You jump and I'll be right behind you. It seriously erks me that Disney "stars" (a term I use with great distaste) are being used for promotion when The Muppets proved a long time ago that they can hold their own. If they are going to do this sort of rubbish, then at least have one of the main human stars be the feature.

On a lighter note, I sat in a packed theatre yesterday to watch 'Frozen'. When MMW trailer came on, the jokes completely flew over the kids heads, but the parents were howling. One guy was nearly on his feet with excitement when Constantine took his hood off! That badge war gag is a work of genius cause everyone giggled at that. All my doubts about the movie are fading into nothingness.

RaggMopp1987

Reaction score
I am definitely looking forward to this movie! Although I really wish there weren't so many Disney Channel "stars" in it. We get it Disney, you own the Muppets! You don't have to cram every little kid on your channel into this movie! :rolleyes:

Duke Remington

Reaction score
I am definitely looking forward to this movie! Although I really wish there weren't so many Disney Channel "stars" in it. We get it Disney, you own the Muppets! You don't have to cram every little kid on your channel into this movie! :rolleyes:
There aren't "so many Disney Channel stars" in it. There's only, like, two or three of them. They don't dominate the movie, so no need to exaggerate.

RaggMopp1987

Reaction score
There aren't "so many Disney Channel stars" in it. There's only, like, two or three of them. They don't dominate the movie, so no need to exaggerate.
You wouldn't know it from the way Disney Channel promotes it. There's three and in my opinion, that's three too many. No need to get touchy.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Possibly, some of the Disney kids will get cut from the final product. The "Credit Card Club" scene that was cut from the first one had two Disney-contracted actors in it (and was dreadfully unfunny).

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's a pretty obvious move to market it like that, actually. I'm starting to see more movie trailers that star certain actors during shows with the same actors in it. And that goes back as far as A Bugs Life, because I swear I remember seeing a Spin City episode having a commercial break where they had Richard Kind talking about his character.

Clearly, they're trying to get those who watch those Disney Channel shows to go see the movie. Kind of annoying from a fan point of view, I agree... but a genius way to get more tickets bought. More movie tickets bought, the greater likelihood of a third film.

RaggMopp1987

Reaction score
@Oscarfan - Ooh, it sounds painful! From what I remember, when MMW was still in pre-production (I think when they were first writing up the script before any set casting) there were going to be more Disney Channel stars in it. I could've sworn I saw Vanessa Hudgens attached to the project at one point, and even Zac Efron (possibly even Ashley Tisdale, Corbin Bleu and Vincent Martella or the girl that plays Ally from Austin and Ally) but as I said, this was a while ago so had they been in mind for being cast, they were passed over. Although I knew from back then that Ross Lynch and Bridgette Mendler were going to be in it.

@Drtooth - You have a point, but I've always had a feeling and heard other Muppet fans speculate, that there were always going to be three new Muppet movies as a sort of remake of the original trilogy. And in a sense, I can see it. The first original Muppet movie was essentially to introduce people to the Muppets (or at least tell the story of how The Muppet Show came to be) and The Muppets (2011) is a reintroduction of the Muppets to a younger generation that were either not around during The Muppet Show's first run or too young to watch reruns on the Disney Channel or Nickelodeon in the early 90s. Then we have TGMC which takes place in England and centers around these jewel heists going on, leading to the jewel thieves eventually framing Miss Piggy and the gang having to ban together to prove her innocence. Now with MMW, it once again takes place in Europe and Kermit getting framed for a jewel heist because one of the jewel thieves looks exactly like him (but with a mole) so the Muppets have to ban together to prove Kermit's innocence.

So going by that logic, since TMTM is about the Muppets traveling to New York to get their musical on Broadway, we could assume the third movie to follow MMW could very well have them traveling to New York for some reason.

muppetlover1

Reaction score
Ekkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!
this looks like such a... urrr...Muppet-ish movie! Its at times like this where I like to sit down and fan-girl by squealing in excitement. #CantWait:crazy: #Muppets:smile: