Video: Kermit Sings "Rainbow Connection" during social distancing

D'Snowth

Reaction score

It's interesting, but somehow, Matt sounds better as Kemit when singing than he does when speaking, much like his "Bein' Green" duet with Elvis Costello during the SS 50th anniversary special. Then again, Matt, much like Jerry, is one of the better singing Muppet Performers we have.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
The puppet looks much better than the one they've been using for other recent stuff.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That it does, at first I thought this may have been an older video that was being reuploaded.

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
Wow Matt has been knocking it out of the park. I was skeptical in the beginning but he has been doing an incredible job.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
It's nice to hear Matt sing the whole song by himself for once. If you go to YT, a lot of the comments have been positive, which is great! I'm glad that people are warming up to Matt's Kermit.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm also glad that this is a simpler video, and that they didn't bother with digitally erasing the arm rods - it helps make this video feel all the more personal and intimate for us all to enjoy.

Just curious as to where this was shot, because I find it odd that here it is late April, yet all the trees in the background are still bare like winter trees.

Last edited:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
They might not have that much life in 'em, or they're late bloomers.

cherrypotion27

Reaction score
Kermit singing "Rainbow Connection" has always been a magical thing for me. That frog is one talented singer!