Video: Flowers on the Wall with Bunsen and Beaker

Muppy

Reaction score
This video was amazing! I hope we get to see more things like this in The Muppets. It's very interesting to see what happens when Beaker goes home. :eek:

By the way, where have I seen the door at 0:31 seconds in? It looks familiar. Muppet*Vision 3D maybe?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
After listening to this surprise release, I knew the song instantly. Did a bit of searching and here are some interesting facts. The song is sung by a group of rats called The Ratler Brothers as a parody of The Statler Brothers (no relation to the Muppets' constant heckler) who originally recorded the song in 1965.

If you know this song, then something didn't click when watching the video. That's because this being the Muppets they changed a few lines. "Watching instagrams and playing tons of sudaku", "catching up on all the things I've been meaning to do", and "mixing combustible chemicals the whole night through" are new lines; the original line is supposed to be "smoking cigarettes and watching Captain Kangaroo".

Fun video and this totally made my day feel better.

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
What I loved about this video was the fact that it depicted exactly what Steve was talking about in his MuppetCast interview. Beaker goes home to his little apartment after work every night and is always alone due to not being able to speak to anyone.

I wouldn't be surprised if Steve came up with the entire thing.

Edit: I was just snooping around the ToughPigs forum and someone who was at Dragon Con said it actually was Steve's idea. So there you go.

Last edited:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Er, there's the Dragon*Con 2015 thread in the Henson People section. :eek: