Video: 123 Good Night Song

D'Snowth

Reaction score

Have I ever mentioned before how poor their digital-exclusive content always looks?

Either way, the song, admittedly, is kind of catchy, but nothing really spectacular. Have we seen this Elmo with the moving eye lids before? If we have, I don't remember. Leslie's performance also seems a little off in this.

I guess this is supposed to be their Halloween YouTube video for this year.

Last edited:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if there's more Halloween-themed videos coming; they seem to pretty much only be posting these web-exclusive clips lately.

They made that moving-eyelid Elmo for Season 49 at least.

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
It's not all that bad, really. Of course I don't keep up with modern Sesame Street as hard as you both, but I don't see any real faults in this thing. I think it's a solid clip! It at least isn't like their parody songs they do where they shoehorn in lyrics that don't fit.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I don't really have an opinion of these original videos - they're done to get in on that YouTube Kids algorithm and such; they're simple kids songs with the popular characters.

The parody songs they've made for YouTube are the ones I haven't been crazy about (well, "El Patito" was fine. That Fourth of July one was pure trash).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I mean, I liked "The Cookie Monster Nosh" from last year, as well as the "12 Days of Cookies," but then again, that could be my Cookie bias. I'll admit the lyrics for the former weren't all that masterful, but I still thought it was a pretty fun parody.

My main problem with the digital content is that they really don't tweak the Muppet footage in post as well as they should: the characters always look so dull and muted compared to the bright, colorful, and vibrant backgrounds they're super-imposed over . . . it's a tad disorienting . . . a little contrast and color saturation increase would be beneficial. I can be a little more forgiving with this one, since they're in Count's castle at night . . . but still, the matting isn't that great: are even the beds matted in? Because you can clearly see the chromakey affect around their heads in front of the headboards of their beds.