Via Alegre/Carrasolendas

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
I do I do! I've brought both shows up a few times.Got zero responses,guess it's before everybody's time or they never heard of 'em.

Son of Enik

Reaction score
Wow...

You guys are making me smile big and wide over here...being half Hispanic, Carrascolendas and Villa Alegre' were almost required watching in my house!
I absolutely loved these shows, and the fact that I grew up in a multi-lingual home didn't hurt either. I am more impressed by all of you every time I come to this site!
I wish I could remember more about the shows, as I was very young when they aired, but I know I watched them.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah... Villa Alegre, I remember that one partially. There was a corner store with soda fountain that rivaled Hooper's Store. There was an animated segment that paralleled the Pinball Number Count, a banner would unfold with the numbers from 1 to 10 and we'd see a polygon equaling that number of sides as the segment ended with a car motoring down a highway or something like that.

sesameguy

Reaction score
Yep, I remember both shows! But as I recall, Carrascolendas was rather short-lived. I only recall watching a few episodes of that one before it was off the air in my area. But Via Allegre ran for at least a few years, if I recall correctly. Both were actually similar to "Sesame" in many ways.

Son of Enik

Reaction score
Thank you for the link, mike. I hope that Villa Alegre' comes to DVD someday.

Xerus

Reaction score
I loved Villa Alegre when I was a kid. I especially liked those opening animation shorts that dealt with topics like energy, communication, nature, zoology, cooperation, and nutrition.