vBulletin Forum Questions: How Do I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke

Reaction score
Raech

I agree - Vbulletin is a little confusing in places. Lets hope they clear that up in the magical and much awaited version 3 release ..... or at least get the thing to work properly !!!!! LOL !

Heres the lowdown on the envelopes :-

Yellow = New Message
Blue = No New Messages
Red = Hot Topic With New Messages
Blue (with little lines above it) = Hot Topic With No New Messages

Hope that helps

julia

Reaction score
I must say I'm not too happy with this either. Lets see if I get this straight:
when I log into the forum I get mostly BLUE envelopes, even though I haven't read most of it (I just got in here two days ago). It seems that the forum itself decides what's new and doesn't remember what I have or haven't read. Is this right? Also, when I logged in this morning and went to "new messages" or whatever it is (right top of the screen) I got a long list. I only read two of them, but when I returned tihs afternoon the threads I hadn't read yet were not in the list any more!
To me, this all poses some problems. Though Delphi wasn't too hot either, it allowed me to keep track of what I'd read (especially because read messages disapeared). Now, as others already said, even when you've only read two messages in 1 thread, the envelope turns blue.
To me this means there's a lot more mouse-activity requires, which poses a big problem for me as I have repetitive strain injury - lots of clicking is very bad for me! Is there any way to keep up with the forum with less clicking and scrolling (like in Delphi)?

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
GUYS!

Ok im getting annoyed now, I turned the Email Notifications off about 3 or 4 days ago !

and im still getting bombarded with them !

Can someone please help me ?!

Thanks

FellowWLover

Reaction score
To Luke...

My biggest gripe is the fact that when I click on "first unread post" in a particular thread, it just takes me to the end of the last page, not to the last post I read there. Basically I just gave up trying to keep up with a conversation. I just click around until I get frustrated and then head off to TP.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Warrick,

When you go to your control panel, under subscriptions there's a drop-down menu. Be sure to check "from the beginning" or something like that. Then you can unsubscribe from everything if you so desire.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Re: GUYS!

Originally posted by *Warrick*
Ok im getting annoyed now, I turned the Email Notifications off about 3 or 4 days ago !and im still getting bombarded with them !can someone please help me ?!Thanks
Maybe someone can email you instructions on how to do it?

:smile:
FOZ

dwmckim

Reaction score
FellowWlover

"Basically I just gave up trying to keep up with a conversation. I just click around until I get frustrated and then head off to TP."

That's nothing...i get frustrated and end up TP'ing the computer!

Luke

Reaction score
Jess & Julia

Seeing as nobody 'official' bothered to answer you i thought i might as well :-

Julia :- Yes, when you log out or go away from the site for an extended period of time the 'New Messages' list does clear itself regardless of whether you have read the messages or not. I know it doesn't make sense when while you are on the site it still leaves 'read' messages in the 'new messages' section even when you've read them. There's nothing you can do about it meaning more clicking and scrolling though i did suggest on the forum that a link to the 'new messages' section be included in the header so it's always visible.

Jessica :- Theres nothing you can do about the difficulties you are having. Pages are indexed by thread and not per message like with Delphi. It's all to do with the way cookies are used by the forum script. In this case you do have to read through the other messages in a thread to see where you are upto but by using the 'new messages' section you can at least see which threads do actually have new messages. I agree there are things that will be less user friendly after using Delphi.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Phil,

I can not find how to stop it !

Its taking me over !

Can you do it for me ?!

:: Gets eaten by a whole bunch of Notification Emails::

Status
Not open for further replies.