vBulletin Forum Questions: How Do I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
There's really nothing you can do, unless there's some hidden "Mark Forums Unread" feature that I've never noticed before.

But it's not really a big deal... if the forums suddenly become a bit congested, I'll click "Mark Forums Read", to make it easier to find recently updated threads.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Correct, there isn't an "undo" switch once you click on "Mark Forums Read".

For future reference, if you double click on any of the orange icons on the forum home page you can selectively mark the threads in that forum read without doing the whole board.

dwmckim

Reaction score
As I have only been here almost a year, I don't know all the ins and outs of these forums yet!

I acciedentally clicked the "mark forums read" button in the Quick Links thing. And now when I click "new posts" I only have posts there that are threads that were posted on in the last few minutes (the "unread" ones). What should I do?
There's been a couple of times where i've accidentally hit Mark Forums Read instead of View New Posts (which can be easy to do while the page is still loading and moves on you when you're trying to click something else). It's an annoying mistake to make, but all you have to do as a workaround is immediately click on View New Posts (hopefully no one got a new post in during those few seconds) and while it will give you a message saying there are no new posts, it will also say "to view posts from the last 24 hours click here" and you can at least see recent posts you hadn't read yet (they may be mixed with one you have, but you'll probably be able to tell which one you didn't have a chance to check yet before you accidentally hit MFR)

Status
Not open for further replies.