Up, Up and Away

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Never fear. I'm not ready to kick the bucket yet. I may be old enough to be the father of practically everybody here, but I'm still young at heart.

PumpkinJ

Reaction score

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I appreciate that. Somewhere out there these clips exist in English, and even if I have to wait another 46 years, so be it.
A foreign dub is still better than nothing.
Just wrap your brain around this. The Boy, Girl, and the Jellybeans, the last time I saw it was 1982, until it was dug up in 2015. 33 years is longer than most of you have been alive.
So to see Up Up and Away again, regardless of the language, was amazing considering how long the time gap between was.
@Flaky Pudding couldn't believe waiting two years to see new episodes of Happy Tree Friends or whatever.
Try 46 years on for size.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Ha, ha. I love how you referenced me lol.

Also I thought this thread was about Superman. Total clickbait title there jk.

SkyeFan

Reaction score
I just happened to remember this recently -
About five years ago, for Sesame Street's last anniversary year, I was listening to this Broadway music radio station on Sirius in my car. They had a special "town hall" sort of program with various Broadway performers (most of whom, I didn't recognize) singing various songs from Sesame Street as well as those from The Muppet Show and The Muppet Movie. Well, one of the performers (whose name I didn't get) said that a moment from Sesame Street he fondly remembered was the cover performance of "Up, Up, and Away", admitting he was really scared of the part when the hot air balloon bursts. I thought this was really interesting that this rather obscure segment from the show (and one that probably wasn't even repeated past the second season) was referenced during this special showcase dedicated to Sesame Street.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
@fuzzygobo just wondering, are you close to the DC area? If so, you ever thought of making a trip to watch an episode that features this song? (I’d use muppet wiki as a guide reference first to pick an episode).

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
@fuzzygobo just wondering, are you close to the DC area? If so, you ever thought of making a trip to watch an episode that features this song? (I’d use muppet wiki as a guide reference first to pick an episode).
No, I'm a short distance from Manhattan, though. It's been a while since I've been to the Paley Center (formerly the Museum of Television and Radio), but in the 90s/2000s I used to go in a lot. I think I've seen every Muppet commercial, every early Sesame episode, that they have in their library.
Someday episode. 49 will see the light of day again, and I'll see Up Up and Away again in English. But just to see it again in Hebrew, it's like drilling for oil and hitting a gusher.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
If you’re close to Manhattan, then I definitely think you should make a trip to Boston even if it may be a bit of a drive to watch it at WGBH once it’s loaded. But that’s up to you, of course.

PumpkinJ

Reaction score
If you’re close to Manhattan, then I definitely think you should make a trip to Boston even if it may be a bit of a drive to watch it at WGBH once it’s loaded. But that’s up to you, of course.
Sorry if this is not relevant, but WGBH is also the network behind Arthur, LOL.