Uncle Deadly WILL be in the New Muppet movie!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm doubting if there's anything that can actually get Fraggle Rock made. But that still doesn't mean there wasn't a leaked draft of the script.

After all, any news we've been getting on this movie has been about the earliest leaked draft. And I really WISH it wasn't leaked... hopefully they changed some things so we don't know the entire plot and ending.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I assume that Uncle Deadley will be a rebuilt puppet when the new movie comes out (he hasn't been used at all in over 20 years). But just think... By then we should have a new Deadley puppet (unless the old one is still in workable condition). We know that the Halloween special is delayed (AGAIN!), but if they didn't want to get Uncle Deadley in this movie, he might not be in the Halloween special. Sure, maybe he won't be in the Halloween special if it gets made, but at least the puppet will be handy by then.

We don't know what kind of role Uncle Deadley will have, but wouldn't it be interesting if he's only used in a crowd scene? Of course I'm hoping there'll be some kind of scene invovling a group of monsters (none of the Muppet movies really had any major "group of monsters" scenes).

ploobis

Reaction score
I assume that Uncle Deadley will be a rebuilt puppet when the new movie comes out (he hasn't been used at all in over 20 years). But just think... By then we should have a new Deadley puppet (unless the old one is still in workable condition). We know that the Halloween special is delayed (AGAIN!), but if they didn't want to get Uncle Deadley in this movie, he might not be in the Halloween special. Sure, maybe he won't be in the Halloween special if it gets made, but at least the puppet will be handy by then.

We don't know what kind of role Uncle Deadley will have, but wouldn't it be interesting if he's only used in a crowd scene? Of course I'm hoping there'll be some kind of scene invovling a group of monsters (none of the Muppet movies really had any major "group of monsters" scenes).
I still think that for this movie Uncle Deadly will be played by Matt Vogel. And I'm sure he'll do a great job. He's been doing a great job with Floyd, Robin and Lew Zealand.

Dearth

Reaction score
I just had a cool idea... wouldn't it be neat if one of the human cameos in this film was a movie director and sometimes bit-part actor who normally appears in John Landis films?

No, not Spielberg...

Frank Oz!

DN

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
I still think that for this movie Uncle Deadly will be played by Matt Vogel. And I'm sure he'll do a great job. He's been doing a great job with Floyd, Robin and Lew Zealand.
I thought Lew was done by Bill now.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I thought Lew was done by Bill now.
Nope. The Muppet Mindset's interview with Bill Barretta cleared that up. He confirmed that Lew is now performed by Matt Vogel.

In fact, Matt has now performed Lew more than Bill ever did... which was once... eight years ago. :stick_out_tongue:

Mupp

Reaction score
Heh, Fraggle movie. Does JHC have any credibility left?
Dark Crystal sequel, Fraggle movie...yawn.
Yeah, those films do seem pretty unlikely at this point. Its unfortunate, becuase they had potential.

beaker

Reaction score
Yeah, those films do seem pretty unlikely at this point. Its unfortunate, becuase they had potential.
Dark Crystal 2 seems to have a little bit of traction, but yeah...I'll believe it when I see the trailer. Same for "Fraggle Rock the movie". At this point I'd gladly fawn over a 30 minute straight to dvd "movie" or special. Gladly.

It seems like Sid the Science Kid and outside contracted practical/visual work(Where the Wild Things Are, as an example) is
pretty much JHC's main output these days.

I remember like everyone with panties in a bunch whining about Disney buying the Muppets from Disney. Now, I can't even imagine the Muppets being still with them. Talk about a nail in the coffin!

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I was actually given a bit more hope after Wild Things. I don't know why, but the thought nagging in the back of my mind was that it was an experiment (didn't someone half-jokingly say Dark Crystal was an expensive experiment for Fraggle Rock?) for the movie of Fraggle Rock. I have a suspicion the monsters were a practice run for the Gorgs. While it's weird that modern costumed workers can't deal with animatronic equipment, I can accept costumes with CGI assist for facial expressions.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Dark Crystal 2 seems to have a little bit of traction, but yeah...I'll believe it when I see the trailer. Same for "Fraggle Rock the movie". At this point I'd gladly fawn over a 30 minute straight to dvd "movie" or special. Gladly.
The problem is that Henson STILL wants to get the movie going, and it looked like there was real progress for a time. They're still putting Red out into the public at Free Comic day and Comic Con... you think they'd put all that into just a comic book series? I'm sure left to their own devices it would be in development purgatory anyway, but credit where credit is due, Weinstine is holding up the film BIG time with their "We want edge" crap so they can save their minor production company.

It's such a shame all they have is a couple kid's CGI shows and a meh game show for "adults"