Uncle Deadly at D23 2019 50th Anniversary Haunted Mansion Presentation

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Rully?!? Too bad I can't/don't know how to add the "Love" reaction reply to the previous post. When we had Muppets doing Disney attraction narrations a few years back, :sympathy: narrated the words to Grim Grinning Ghosts. Because of that, I said that they could then have Uncle Deadly for two other narrations that I would absolute-bloomingly love: Madame Leotta's séance chant, which hasn't happened yet, but I'm glad he's somehow involved with the Haunted Mansion for it's 50th anniversary (August 8/9 2019). The other would be to have the phantom dragon narrate the original poem version of The Nightmare Before Christmas that was recited by Sir Christopher Lee.

Thanks for the Mupdate. :scary: :excited: :batty:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Just finished hearing the entire panel. For clarification to people out there reading this, Uncle Deadly voiced the role of the Ghost Host from X Atencio's original 1968 draft of the attraction's story, as well as supplying various sound effects when needed (or not as the case may be). The narration also featured Kelsey McCullah (SP?), X's granddaughter as the Medium, the precursor to Madame Leotta; and the character Sally Slater (I suspect Jodie Benson's voice though I'm probably wrong) as the script's main narrator.

Haunted Mansion or casual Disney fans may know Sally Slater better as either the "Parasol Girl" or "Tightrope-Walker Girl" from the Stretching Room portraits. The interesting thing is Disney using the name Sally Slater for the character's appearance since that name comes from a poem/epitaph written by fellow mansion dedsident Prudence Proofrock. The character from the Stretching Room portrait has also been known by the names Daisy De La Cruz in the Slave Labor Graphics Haunted Mansion comics and/or Lilian O'Malley or Master Gracey's first wife in the Ghost Gallery backstories regarding certain others of the Happy Haunts.

Regardlesss, I applaud Deadly's performance during this presentation. :big_grin: