UK TV : Miss Piggy on This Morning

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
If it was Eric Jacobson doing Piggy, anyone know if he has ever done live TV before (as Piggy)?

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
It may be bad but you lucky Uk people get to see the muppets a heck of allot more then those of us in The USA do.
That is quite a rediculous statement.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Warrick said:
That is quite a rediculous statement.
I try thanks :smile:
and it's true I see they still play the muppet show or other jim henson things over there...in the u.s nothing at all is played on any chanel...
the muppets are always doing guest spots on u.k. tv so I read on here....I am just saying things from what I see on here...I am in now way shape form or number of the day trying to start a u.s. u.k fight..k ok :wink:

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
That's fine.

But all we get here is Play With Me Sesame (with UK segments) and Bear In The Big Blue House.

That Piggy interview was the first for quite some time.

The Sesame guys are always on some talk show somewhere in the US, Sesame Street airs daily and sometimes a few different episodes per day. You also have Play With Me Sesame and Bear In The Big Blue House... And then theres the Muppets turning up in Commercials (Ford, Pizza Hut) and on talk shows.

I think you win.

Valentine

Reaction score
did anyone record this segment that could upload it? I want to see it! :eek:

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
MuppetDanny said:
Just to let UK Fans to know that Channel 4 will be showing again "Zippy and George's Puppet Legends" here's the details :

"Zippy and George's Puppet Legends"

Time - 01:10 to 02:10 (1 hour long).
When - Thursday 2nd March on Channel 4

The zipmeister and the pink hippo make a rare foray out of retirement to recount their favourite puppet legends. In this hour-long puppet extravaganza, Zippy and George interview some of the puppet greats such as Orville, Sooty and Sweep, and Nobby the Sheep. And the duo reveal some of the secrets behind international puppet stardom. Originally shown as part of the Favouritism strand.
source : TV Digigudie

Brian Henson (with a beard :wink: ) & Chris Langham are in this show.
Just a reminder that "Puppet legends" is on tonight - don't forget to setup your VCR's:zany:

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Warrick said:
That's fine.

But all we get here is Play With Me Sesame (with UK segments) and Bear In The Big Blue House.

That Piggy interview was the first for quite some time.

The Sesame guys are always on some talk show somewhere in the US, Sesame Street airs daily and sometimes a few different episodes per day. You also have Play With Me Sesame and Bear In The Big Blue House... And then theres the Muppets turning up in Commercials (Ford, Pizza Hut) and on talk shows.

I think you win.
I actully don't have cable so I miss most of these things...I only get to watch sesame street some times on pbs if I get the chance and my spine crumbles at Elmos voice so I change it if he's the focus of the episode lol......
but yes the internet is a lovely device for us fans to find such rare things!
I think we can agree on that there just isn't enough good muppet things to go around these days for us all to love!:zany: