Ugliest International Sesame Street Muppets

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I AM curious about something though... when did Sesame Workshop start allowing other international co-productions to have their own Big Bird? I'm not talking about Abelardo, or Pino, or Minik Kus, or any of those, I mean actually having an actual Big Bird, if by another name? Caroll mentioned specifically in his book that other countries weren't allowed to have Big Bird, with the exception of the Chinese co-production at the time (it was interesting him noting that they had to turn one potential puppeteer for the Chinese Big Bird down because he spoke with a really heavy Shanghai street accent, which was like the equivilant of a Brooklyn accent in America).

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
Well, the newer version of Vila Sesamo and the Japanese version of Sesame Street also had their own Big Birds. That's the newer version of Garibaldo.

And that's Japan's Big Bird from Sesame Street (Japan).

Most of the international co-productions of Sesame Street didn't have their own Big Bird. They usually had original Muppets exclusive to the international co-productions like Abelardo, Lola, Samson, Kami, Zeliboba, and Moishe Oofnik.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I don't think that the Big Birds that you put aren't ugly, but this Big Bird is really ugly. He looks like Cheetos!

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's a sort of not that great color, but I agree, not ugly. Hard on the eyes though.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Turkey.

He almost kind of reminds me of an OC I came up with years and years and YEARS ago as a kid: essentially, a red cardinal version of Big Bird named Mac.