Two Muppets named Gladys

Xerus

Reaction score
I remember Richard Hunt performing 2 Gladyses.

The first was Gladys the Cow from Sesame Street.

The other Gladys was a cafeteria lady from the Muppet Show Theater. She had orange skin, lipstick, and white curly hair. And she was kind of sassy. When Gonzo had to leave to do an act, Gladys said, "That's okay. You can pay me later", But when she heard Gonzo was going to do a piano balancing act, she grabbed Gonzo and said. "You'll pay me now!"

And another time, Gladys swatted a fly with a sandwich and gave it to Lou Zeland. Lou just ate the dead fly and threw away the sandwich.

But it seemed like TMS Gladys only made very few appearances.

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
he must like girls named Gladys. just like how adam sandler must like girls who's names begin with the letter "V".

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Back in 1998 on our forum, Jerry Nelson talked about how Gladys from the Muppet Show was based on a real person at the Elstree stuidos when the Muppet Show was taped.

Yeah, she was in a few season 3 shows when the canteen debuted and that was about it.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
Back in 1998 on our forum, Jerry Nelson talked about how Gladys from the Muppet Show was based on a real person at the Elstree stuidos when the Muppet Show was taped.

Yeah, she was in a few season 3 shows when the canteen debuted and that was about it.
Elstree Studios, we almost got there when we were in England last month although I don't think its open to the public. I would have had to get in in a box full of food for the cafeteria or something!
Elstree is near where my Mum grew up, pretty close anyway.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:

Jerry used to come here?

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
Muppetsdownunder said:
Elstree Studios, we almost got there when we were in England last month although I don't think its open to the public.
Its not open to the public because its where the UK Big Brother House is now. I was dead shocked when I found out, because Big Brother and Muppets are my two passions. Who knows what would happen if they combined! I'd just...die!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Chokes* Wow, it doesnt bare thinking about!!!!

Uncle deadly

Reaction score
Is Gladys the cow the one who sang in the muppet family christmas when the seaseme streetgang are caroling? :confused:

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
Uncle deadly said:
Is Gladys the cow the one who sang in the muppet family christmas when the seaseme streetgang are caroling? :confused:
Same voice, but different cow. Gladys didn't have any black spots.