Two-Headed Monster/unpainted Guy Smiley + more prototypes for sale

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Okay, this is pretty intense:

They're being sold on a Facebook page, so the best I can do is show you this screencap my brother sent me... $1,200 for just the Two-Headed Monster which he bought for 200 off eBay when Palisades went out of business ten years ago. So somewhere out there someone has Ernie, Oscar... maybe even a painted Guy and more and never even bothered to gloat about it.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, that's a shade less than what I paid for 'em. And yes, I have a fully painted set of all four Series 1 Sesame Street figures from the Palisades days as part of my collection. :stick_out_tongue: :grouchy: :big_grin:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
What sarcasm? I'm not lying, I actually have a fully-painted Palisades action figure of the Two-Headed Monster, Guy Smiley, Oscar The Grouch, and Ernie along with their respective Muppet letters and Slimey the Worm and Rubber Duckie as part of my overall Palisades Muppets collection.
And when I bought them back in 2005 or 2006, I ended up paying between $1500 to under $2000 for each one.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Could you upload some pictures of them? I wonder how many of them are floating around out there.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Not entirely sure how I'd go about posting pictures. Sure, I can ask my mom to snap the pics with her cell phone's ap, but I'm kinda clueless about what to do with them after she'd send them to my email account. So that's not a "No" to taking pics of the figures, it's just a "Dunno how to" instead.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
You could always just save them to your computer and upload them to a very easy site like Imgur (that you don't even need an account for), or you could email them to me... I'd love to see them. PM me if you're interested.:wink:

So I'm assuming the figures aren't in the same house as you?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Course my figures are here in my room with me. Got a sweet giant shelved cabinet with various themed groupings like the Muppet Theater on one and the Swedish Kitchen on another. Some of the accessories are stored in a couple drawers and stuff from the playsets though.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Oh, wow... I mean, it's a pretty big deal to have thousands of dollars of Sesame Street prototypes floating around, so I would be showing those off, and like I said, who knows how many of those exist out there.

You also have a custom Muppet Theater, or is that the backstage?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
No, just the regular Backstage Playset, but we all know it's part of the theater. Though Lance Cardinal made a super boss custom in-scale theater playset of his own.