TV Alert: Sesame Street Hurricane Special on Friday November 9

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, I had been posting the hurricane arc on YouTube earlier this year, and as a bonus, posted the behind-the-scenes footage as well.

(And yes, I deleted Episode 3976, since SW posted the episode before Sandy hit).

mupcollector1

Reaction score
So is this a re-airing of the special or was it filmed and saved so it could be broadcasted for such an occasion. This was back in the early 2000 or so right?

mimitchi33

Reaction score
I missed this (due to my station airing Sesame Street minutes before I leave for school). It's very rare that they show older episodes of Sesame Street on any PBS station. I remember when I last watched it, the re-runs were either A. episodes from the latest season or B. episodes from the previous season.
Also, wasn't this one of the episodes they aired after 9/11 to help kids cope with the tragic events? There were also two other episodes like this, the one with the grease fire at Hooper's store and the one with the bird who didn't want to be bullied or something.
Also, last year, the Japanese show Suite Pretty Cure did something like this to help kids cope with the March 11th earthquake and tsunami by changing the plot so that the Melody of Sorrow got completed first.