TV Alert: Muppets "Letters to Santa" on CW December 11

Borples

Reaction score
I watched it (on DVD, which I just bought the day before I heard they were going to air it on CW) for the first time since its original airing. It's still plenty cute, with lots of great moments (Sam's little PSA about the mail, HA), and still not my all-time favorite. (Gonzo didn't even look like he was enjoying that ride on the plane's wing. What up with that?) I loved the party at the end.

But I'll have to watch it another ten or twenty times before I decide how I really feel about it. ;-)

It's interesting to look back on, though. Wasn't this the first project with all of the recasts in place? It's sort of like the beginning of the comeback. It's fun to see how they've all improved, David Rudman in particular. But even Eric Jacobson has gotten more confident with his characters since then, or at least it seems that way to me. Fun to watch.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I watched it (on DVD, which I just bought the day before I heard they were going to air it on CW) for the first time since its original airing. It's still plenty cute, with lots of great moments (Sam's little PSA about the mail, HA), and still not my all-time favorite. (Gonzo didn't even look like he was enjoying that ride on the plane's wing. What up with that?) I loved the party at the end.

But I'll have to watch it another ten or twenty times before I decide how I really feel about it. ;-)

It's interesting to look back on, though. Wasn't this the first project with all of the recasts in place? It's sort of like the beginning of the comeback. It's fun to see how they've all improved, David Rudman in particular. But even Eric Jacobson has gotten more confident with his characters since then, or at least it seems that way to me. Fun to watch.
I actually thought Gonzo was enjoying the plane ride.

Studio DC was actually the first (though Jerry dubbed Floyd's voice for those), but I still consider LTS the real beginning of the new era.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
As Kermit said in an interview during production, "You know what's special about this movie? It's not a movie. It's a special".:smile:
I just realized you meant that OTHER Muppet Christmas TV 'thing'. Sorry, Pinkflower.
*Sits in corner with dunce cap*

Borples

Reaction score
I actually thought Gonzo was enjoying the plane ride.
Yeah? I guess. But only because we know Gonzo, and of course he was enjoying it! But what was happening onscreen (unless I missed something) is that all the other Muppets were screaming, and so was Gonzo, and there wasn't anything to indicate that he was overcome with glee instead of terror. It could have used a "Whooopeeee!" or something, is all I'm saying.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
As Kermit said in an interview during production, "You know what's special about this movie? It's not a movie. It's a special".:smile:
Ehh special, movie, documentary, either way you slice it this wasn't my favorite. :stick_out_tongue: Although I will say it wasn't terrible.