TV Alert: Muppet fan Chris Stulz on "Collector's Call" on MeTV Sunday May 31, 2020

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Make plans to watch our very own Muppet fan Chris @Stulz on "Collector's Call" airing on MeTV this Sunday evening March 31, 2020 at 9:30|8:30c.

It's always exciting when Muppet fans have an opportunity to share their collections. Tune in and let us know your thoughts.

Chris is founder and webmaster of Muppet Stuff named after the original New York Muppet store which opened in 1980.

Here's a preview of this anticipated appearance.

"It started in his childhood with hand-me-down toys from Sesame Street; but Chris Stulz’s obsession with all things Jim Henson continued into his adulthood, encompassing Fraggle Rock, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth—and of course, everything Muppets … in fact, almost literally everything. He takes us on a virtual tour of his treasure house of more than three thousand items, many of them limited-edition giveaways, and shares with Lisa such highly prized rarities as Kermit and Miss Piggy wedding action figures; a solid pewter Kermit wine stopper; an exclusive Muppets Style Guide for behind-the-scenes use by merchandisers; and a Muppets Take Manhattan cast-and-crew poster signed by both Jim Henson and Frank Oz. Collector’s Call favorite Rob Klein returns to use his pop-culture savvy to put a value on Chris’s collection—and to try to tempt him into a trade for one of his own ultra-rare Jim Henson items."

Here are several "extra" Collector's Call clips.

Exclusive McDonald's Muppet Glass
https://www.metv.com/collectorscall/videos/meet-chris-stulz-extra-exclusive-mcdonalds-muppet-glass

Autographed 'Labyrinth' Cast & Crew Poster
https://www.metv.com/collectorscall...-extra-autographed-labyrinth-cast-crew-poster

Jim Henson Employee Gifts
https://www.metv.com/collectorscall/collection/meet-chris-stulz-inside-the-collection

If you saw this appearance, please "like" this message and share your thoughts below.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I didn’t watch, but it was still cool that someone from Muppet Central was on there.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
I tuned in. Never saw this show before. It was interesting but seemed all too brief. They talked about maybe half a dozen pieces out of thousands. It was also disappointing that it needed to be done virtually which I think hurt it.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I tuned in. Never saw this show before. It was interesting but seemed all too brief. They talked about maybe half a dozen pieces out of thousands. It was also disappointing that it needed to be done virtually which I think hurt it.
I'm really not surprised that it was done that way.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
This was good.

There was talk about how it was a big deal for Frank Oz to have signed that Muppets Take Manhattan poster since he rarely signs autographs. But I heard that he stopped after he learned people were selling his autograph for high prices on eBay. That poster also had Jim Henson's signature, and Jim Henson died before a lot of the world was really using the internet, before people could sell his autograph on eBay.

Also, maybe I misheard, but did they say the poster was a crew poster? I would have thought it'd be the regular movie poster, which maybe theater employees took home with them. Or was it just a poster signed by the crew?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
You would probably have to pay me to get me to accept that Dark Crystal thing; Chris made the right decision.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I like how they talk about that TMS mug being valuable for having obscure characters like Annie Sue and Gaffer, as if casual fans would be more interested as a result. And I really like Lisa Welcher pointing out Gaffer was on that after they estimate the value, as if she's a fan of the character.