TV Alert: Miss Piggy and Swedish Chef on MasterChef Junior May 4, 2017

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thursday night Miss Piggy and the Swedish Chef visit MasterChef Junior on Fox at 7c|8e.

In the show, the top 6 contestants split up into two teams and have 75 minutes to prepare an entrée for a guest list that includes firefighters, professional softball players, construction workers and pilots.

After you watch the anticipated appearance, let us know your thoughts.

If you saw this appearance, please "like" this post and share your thoughts below.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
This was a fun appearance. I liked how Piggy joined the competition and tried to cheat by ordering stake frites and then having Gordon Ramsey cook it for her. The part where the Swedish Chef hugged the girl who thought she would be leaving was very touching.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I forgot this was happening.

I'll just assume it was mediocre and think about watching it at some point.

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
Mrs. Otter and I have been fans of MasterChef, MasterChef Junior and MasterChef Canada for the past four years so we were delighted to see Piggy and Chef billboarded as guests when the new Junior season got underway earlier this year.

That being said, despite the quality of the "Food Fight" viral video with Gordon Ramsay, I wasn't sure how the Muppets were going to fit into a high-intensity cooking competition show (even the kid version) so I was surprised and delighted at how well it came together.

Our favourite things:
* Miss Piggy NEVER getting Gordon's name right
* The Chef spouting off a line of faux-Swedish gibberish and Christina Tosi turning to him and announcing, "Exactly!" (followed by a shot of Gordon looking confused)
* Gordon assisting Miss Piggy with her participation in the final competition, which solved the problem of how she was going to "cook" something while also allowing Ramsay to give culinary tips to the TV audience
* The Chef playing with the food of the various contestants, even using two steaks as puppets
* The Chef consoling a contestant who was convinced she was going home, proving once again that the underlying kindness of the Muppet characters is among their most distinctive and welcome characteristics
* The editing for Miss Piggy's departure from the MasterChef kitchen

Bottom line: This was a great Muppet cameo, whether or not you're a fan of MasterChef or its variants. Bravo to Eric and Bill and everyone involved!

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
The Muppet stuff starts at 20:25 and continues till the end:
There's also a fun YT exclusive where Gordon and Christina play Rapid Fire with Piggy: