TV Alert: Kermit and Piggy on Jimmy Fallon November 16

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wednesday night don't miss Kermit and Miss Piggy on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon on NBC.

After you watch the appearance, post your thoughts here.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Whoo-hoo! Kermit admitted that they were very much in love!

And he and Jimmy talked about how wonderful she looked!

I know I'm not going to get what I want from the new movie--but this is not bad!

12Medbe

Reaction score
Just caught it! It was wonderful! Glad Kermit and Miss Piggy are admitting they're very much in love. I almost forgot they're puppets!

Ruahnna

Reaction score
And Piggy's line later about how Kermit should try the rather unusual outfit described was just...just great. Very proprietary, and Kermit dealt with it better than he sometimes does, taking her admiration in stride but with a little charming embarrassment.

(And yes, I should be in bed. So should you--so there!)

12Medbe

Reaction score
Didn't realize it wasn't over, haha.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Now they are playing Password!

Oh! They used the "B" word--and I don't mean "Bert." Poor Piggy! But there were all nice to her about it.

Women are sooo much better at word games!

Despite the fact that I am madly in love with Jason Segel's imagination, this has been my favorite interview about the movie to date. It was funny, Kermit was funny and looked super--he had great ad lib reactions throughout, and Piggy was just her wonderful diva self, taking all the praise and adulation in stride.

kessto

Reaction score
They played Password with Martin Short and Michael Stipe, It was hilarious and was def a great throw back to earlier muppet days and was a classic muppet appearance!

12Medbe

Reaction score
I'm lovin' this Muppet Domination spin on T.V! Can Muppet Domination never stop?

MJTaylor

Reaction score
Too bad you have to have pay tv to see Jimmy Fallon in Australia. Wonder if it will turn up on Youtube?

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
Now they are playing Password!

Oh! They used the "B" word--and I don't mean "Bert." Poor Piggy! But there were all nice to her about it.

Women are sooo much better at word games!

Despite the fact that I am madly in love with Jason Segel's imagination, this has been my favorite interview about the movie to date. It was funny, Kermit was funny and looked super--he had great ad lib reactions throughout, and Piggy was just her wonderful diva self, taking all the praise and adulation in stride.
Oh Ru!!! I'm so glad you posted!!!- Like you, I was soooo happy to finally hear Kermit admit that they are in love!!!! I was watching the hulu clip from the appearance this morning at my cubicle and I wanted to jump out of my office chair for joy, but restrained myself, lol.

I love Jimmy Fallon- he works with the Muppets better than any other late night talk show host and he does it so naturally- he gets right down to what everyone wanted to know about their relationship and he gave Piggy her due praise- absolutely wonderful. My crush on Jimmy Fallon continues :smile: I haven't seen the whole episode yet because I'm watching bits and pieces of it on Hulu and youtube (which i will post here).

I know I'm not going to get what I want from the new movie--but this is not bad!
Would love to know what you wanted to get out of the movie- I think I might know and yes, sadly I don't think we'll see it in the new movie. But, after reading Ryan's review on the mindset, I'm a lot more optomistic than I was before about the level of frog/pig romance that the movie will have.

I LOVED the password segment- Martin Short is always a great match-up with the muppets and he did great going back and forth with Piggy and Jimmy was hilarious at trying to stop Martin from kissing Piggy!... "me and my urges" lol. I loved Kermit's competitiveness with Piggy there too. It was such a wonderful segment- one of the best I've seen in a long time. I couldn't help but laugh out loud in the office.

I can't wait until I can leave work to go home and watch the whole episode!!

As always Ru, glad to have someone who cares as much about the frog/pig relationship as I do! :smile: