TV Alert: Kermit and Miss Piggy on "Best in TV" ABC special September 18

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Let me just say Piggy should've been mad at the fans who voted for Kermit. :stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Plus, I hear there's a new ALF movie coming out. I know that's a bit off topic, but I just thought I'd mention it.
That's not what I was getting at... I was VERY happy ALF and Spock (My favorite aliens that aren't Irken, Robin Williams, or that go "Yip Yip Yip") got on the list. But Disney goes to great lengths to hide the Muppets being puppets, but didn't reserve that dignity to a puppet franchise they don't own.

Face it. If they said Kermit and Piggy are puppets, we'd be a little annoyed, right?

Anyone else want to discuss the rest of the program and the votes?

Personally, I was ticked that Marge Simpson didn't get top 5 best Mom and the one from The Brady Bunch did. I kinda find Brady Bunch to be the most overrated thing ever that isn't Titanic.

And I'm ecstatic that Columbo was on the top 5 best cop dramas.

...oh, just... just one more thing. There's this one little thing that kinda bothers me, sir... SVU, especially after the original show was number 2 on the list... well, the fact that it got number one over the far more deserving L.A. Law or NYPD Blue, sir. That... that just doesn't make any sense.

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
I finally saw last night after I recorded it. Am quite happy that both Kermit and Piggy made the list (though I am a bit annoyed and sad that Piggy was 5th and really, ALF? ALF beat Piggy?)

I did find it kinda funny that Kermit would kinda give the excuse that he wanted to make sure that everyone could get married before he and Piggy, which some may find a bit like his old "fear of commitment" thing rearing it's head, but I was reminded this morning that, it actually does make sense when you think about it.

I've made several jokes in my fics about how Kermit and Piggy are only a marriage license away from being married, but the one line that got me was when I wrote that common law isn't legal in California, which is true (I actually did look that up). So, in Kermit's defense, he kinda doesn't have a choice in the matter of marrying Piggy - he can't, at least not in California and even if he say, got married out of state, California wouldn't recognize it as legal.

I think at this point, whether a new direction from Kermit or that of Steve (who controls him), the frog actually does want to marry the pig, but our silly laws kinda prevent him from doing so.

On another topic, I was able to see the stuff that wasn't broadcasted - like the most memorable moment - and, maybe it's me, but kinda scary that with exception of two, I've lived through the top five. Now I feel old! LOL

EDIT - had to add that I was ecstatic that Scooby landed in the top five, though kinda annoyed it didn't beat out the Simpsons. Classic Simpsons, while still completely awesome, I could see but not the last few seasons. And I agree with someone who posted earlier that the Flintstones is getting a bit overrated at this point.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I finally saw last night after I recorded it. Am quite happy that both Kermit and Piggy made the list (though I am a bit annoyed and sad that Piggy was 5th and really, ALF? ALF beat Piggy?)

I did find it kinda funny that Kermit would kinda give the excuse that he wanted to make sure that everyone could get married before he and Piggy, which some may find a bit like his old "fear of commitment" thing rearing it's head, but I was reminded this morning that, it actually does make sense when you think about it.

I've made several jokes in my fics about how Kermit and Piggy are only a marriage license away from being married, but the one line that got me was when I wrote that common law isn't legal in California, which is true (I actually did look that up). So, in Kermit's defense, he kinda doesn't have a choice in the matter of marrying Piggy - he can't, at least not in California and even if he say, got married out of state, California wouldn't recognize it as legal.

I think at this point, whether a new direction from Kermit or that of Steve (who controls him), the frog actually does want to marry the pig, but our silly laws kinda prevent him from doing so.
Or we could joke that this is Kermit's way of saying "When Disney permits me to." :stick_out_tongue:

Hayley B

Reaction score
I wish I wrote on what I voted for. I don't think alot made the list. Happy Kermit got number 1. I kept thinking when I was a kid, I would had probably voted for Lassie. Lassie & Bill Cosby were the two I wanted to meet if I ever went to Hollywood.

I think I voted for All In The Family a couple of times.

Drtooth

Reaction score
EDIT - had to add that I was ecstatic that Scooby landed in the top five, though kinda annoyed it didn't beat out the Simpsons. Classic Simpsons, while still completely awesome, I could see but not the last few seasons. And I agree with someone who posted earlier that the Flintstones is getting a bit overrated at this point.
I'm a huge Flinstones fan, but even I admit that The Jetsons is just a better show overall. It has a clear satire of the post-modern world, and my personal favorite, it keeps bringing up the fact that no matter how much technology we have, and no matter how many more conveniences we have, we're always complaining about how tough life is. George Jetson said it best, "I had to push the button 5 times today!" And it's constantly in The Flintstones's shadow.