TV Alert: Kermit and Miss Piggy on "Best in TV" ABC special September 18

Hubert

Reaction score
I am glad that minor muppetz mentioned the part about that line, I actually hated it. It all seemed too staged, and once again I hate how close Kermit seems to Miss Piggy suddenly.

Hubert

Reaction score
Did they really show Jim? I honestly completely missed that.

The clip of Sam and Friends was really a nice touch for me. I love how they spent time on the early years of Kermit there. And also I liked seeing Miss Piggy's appearance in the pilot, though if I'm not mistaken, they said that it was her first appearance, when in reality it wasn't.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Glad that Miss Piggy was #5 and Kermit was #1 (too bad neither Sesame Street character won). Great Kermit interview, though Kermit's "you'll always be number 1 to me" line to Piggy sounded a bit too sappy. Is this the first time Kermit's excuse for not marrying Piggy has been because of interspecies marriages not being legal?
Are you for real? A lot of fans have been waiting for Kermit to be more forthcoming with his relationship with Piggy it was not staged it was very sweet.

Hubert

Reaction score
Are you for real? A lot of fans have been waiting for Kermit to be more forthcoming with his relationship with Piggy it was not staged it was very sweet.
I really haven't. I downright hate Kermit's sudden admittance of his love for Piggy...that's not the Kermit I know...

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Glad that the Muppets picked up two of the top five in the non-human star category, and glad that they made an appearance. The interview was pretty standard, but hey they're on television!

Hubert

Reaction score
Glad that the Muppets picked up two of the top five in the non-human star category, and glad that they made an appearance. The interview was pretty standard, but hey they're on television!
Yeah, any television the Muppets can get is good.

In a way I'm almost glad that Big Bird and Cookie didn't make the list...this way Kermit and Piggy couldn't be seen by non-fans as characters on Sesame Street as easily.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I personally love Kermit & Piggy's new dynamic. :big_grin: However everyone is entitled to their opinion. And I don't think it was too staged you could tell he meant it. Anyways enough of that I was just thrilled they mentioned Jim.

Hubert

Reaction score
Yeah, that is good that they mentioned Jim.

I'm just so happy as to how well they covered the inspirational aspects of Kermit, between those quotes I mentioned, plus the Rainbow Connection, the people behind that special really know the essence of inspirational Muppets.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
In a way I'm almost glad that Big Bird and Cookie didn't make the list...this way Kermit and Piggy couldn't be seen by non-fans as characters on Sesame Street as easily.
Sesame Street characters seems to make more frequent guest appearances on outside shows than Muppet Show/Muppet movie Muppets. Wonder why that is?