TV Alert: Kermit and Constantine on A Very Pentatonix Christmas Special November 27, 2017

animalrescuer

Reaction score
Matt is getting even better! Constantine was a surprise, I’ll admit, but it’s great to see him again.

I miss Steve as well, but Matt is doing a fantastic job taking over.

xSunnyEclipse

Reaction score
I think it's really awesome that they haven't got rid of Constantine, and I really want him in more things now. Can we get 50 Thoughts of the Weeks with him? lol

Matt's doing a great job, but it's still a little hard to believe that he performs both Kermit and Constantine now, because I'm still hearing Constantine from both of them and it's throwing me off, but can't really control that haha.

I'm very proud and impressed with Matt's performance of Kermit so far in appearances though.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Vocally, Kermit and Constantine may sound similar. But they're still two separate characters. From an acting standpoint, Matt does a fantastic job at keeping them separate.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. I may check out the video when I have time rather than waiting until next Wednesday and watching the show for an hour to wait for :smile: and Constantine, but that was cool. I didn't think we'd see Constantine again now that Matt is performing Kermit, but that does seem like an interesting concept.

RowlfFan12

Reaction score
I loved this video, and I thought Matt did such a good job as both frogs! I seriously think they should reshoot the Muppet Thought of the Week videos now that Matt's gotten so much better. I'm not sure if this has been discussed already, but did Matt physically perform both characters? I was curious.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I loved this video, and I thought Matt did such a good job as both frogs! I seriously think they should reshoot the Muppet Thought of the Week videos now that Matt's gotten so much better. I'm not sure if this has been discussed already, but did Matt physically perform both characters? I was curious.
He and Mike Quinn alternated constantly, depending on which character had the most dialogue. The final product is a mishmash of Matt as Kermit and Matt as Constantine takes. If you watch closely enough, you can tell when it's Matt and when it's Mike.

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
Yeah, it becomes very obvious when Mike is performing the characters (he usually is performing the one who has the least dialogue in said two-shot). His Kermit has a flat/deformed head that makes his eyesight not quite line up with Constantine's, and his Constantine doesn't have as much of an arched mouth as Matt's.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I loved this video, and I thought Matt did such a good job as both frogs! I seriously think they should reshoot the Muppet Thought of the Week videos now that Matt's gotten so much better.
I don't know if that's the best idea. After all, they rerecorded Kermit's dialoge at the end of The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson presumably because Steve has improved with :smile: over time and the rerecording ended up not sounding so hot, but that's just my opinion.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I don't know if that's the best idea. After all, they rerecorded Kermit's dialoge at the end of The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson presumably because Steve has improved with :smile: over time and the rerecording ended up not sounding so hot, but that's just my opinion.
Not exactly a rerecord. They tweaked the audio in post.