TV Alert: "Count Tribute" Sesame Street episode in honor of Jerry Nelson airs October 31, 2013

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
The new ETM was hardly new. It aired on the previous episode. But as the previous episode was made up of rerun material, I'm guessing not too many cared to tune in to see it.
I know. I saw that episode, but since I didn't have HD at the time, I didn't review it.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
The new ETM was hardly new. It aired on the previous episode. But as the previous episode was made up of rerun material, I'm guessing not too many cared to tune in to see it.
Yeah, originally I wasn't going to, but I decided "why not?" and did so anyway. Obviously it was worth it, because we obviously had had the great honor of seeing that and Make it Fit! Otherwise, for most of the episode, I was quite bored.

Thanks for reminding me. I'll watch that and say what I thought of it in a little bit. Here's my thoughts on Repair Monster. I loved that Velvet got to say the title this time. I loved Tyler and Leslie's performances as the CGI tools. The Mr. Johnson statue was a great tribute to Jerry. Matt and Stephanie did great jobs with the It's in Half song. Kevin and Tyler did an awesome job with the Make it Whole Again song. I like Halfini's look. I like that Velvet pointed out the plot device. What can I say? I loved everything about it!
No prob! Considering that you enjoy these segments a lot, I was surprised that you didn't give it a review yet. But, yeah, it was quite fantastic; one of the best ones so far! Though it's too bad that Halfini never succeeded in cutting his hot dog in half.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Also to all you guys who think that Jerry was in the Homeland parody, where? I don't hear Jerry at all in it. If Jerry was in it, don't you think it would be on his Muppet Wiki page by now? If anyone is friends with Leslie or Joey on Facebook, could you please ask them the cast list for that bit?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Jerry's nowhere in the Homelamb bit; it was taped in the Spring.

deex2

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I loved this! It really made my day. I have been watching Sesame st. since 1974. The count used to scare me, lol! My worst subject in school was math. I used to say that my dad's obnoxious friend reminded me of The Count. Of course I love all Muppets now and this was the most amazing tribute. I'm trying to keep up with all the big things on Sesame St. of late. Can't believe Sonia M. is still there. WOW. Love it.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Jerry's nowhere in the Homelamb bit; it was taped in the Spring.

That wasn't Jerry? I may have to listen again. It really sounded like one of his characters, but maybe that was the intention. To have the character sound like a Jerry Nelson character to honor his memory. I hadn't really thought of that before.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm trying to keep up with all the big things on Sesame St. of late. Can't believe Sonia M. is still there. WOW. Love it.
She is there sometimes. A couple seasons ago she became the Super of the 123 Sesame Street apartment building. I don't see why they haven't followed up that concept in future episodes. It really seems that most of the adults we remember have moved on, appearing in an episode or two a season. Maybe. Then again, some of those cast members have been with the show since the beginning (or close to it). It's hard to tell if they're either too busy with other things or that SW wants to have some younger characters in the show. Remember... these were pretty youthful actors when they started. All but Bob, Susan, and Gordon were cast as the ambiguous teens-20 year olds. Now it's decades later.