Tuxedo Kermit: Sloppy-Painted Mess

MaxGoof

Reaction score
Wow--if everyone working for every toy company worked as hard as you do, Ken, there would be 10 times the number of toy collectors out there! Sorry to have sounded like such a complainer--I was just horrified to see racks of Kermits that had black-spotted vests. And when I found out my own Kermit had a black cuff, I just about freaked. :big_grin:

It's a testament to you and your company that these figures have turned out the way they have. Dr. Teeth, with his dozens of perfectly-painted colors, is the most amazing figure I've ever seen.

Thanks for being so responsive, Ken--you're the best! LOVE LIVE PALISADES! :big_grin:

Luke

Reaction score
Thats a cool response Ken. Can i suggest an article on the Palisades website where you do go into how the figures are made, through the design process, to pics of the figures being manufactured in China ? I think that may well help people understand the actual process that goes on.

The only problem asking for replacements on faulty tuxedo Kermits is that being an exclusive, it might be harder for TRU to replace them and people are left with refunds and no fig. I understand what you are saying though.

uncleduke

Reaction score
I am pretty sure you can return merchandise ordered through the website to any Toys R US store. If so, order up some, and just pull the best of the crop, and return the rest ot your local store.

www.clevermoms.com ususally has some online coupon codes for TRU. When I ordered mine, I wound up almost getting him for free, since I had three different codes, and was able to use them all! I only paid for the shipping!

Smig

Reaction score
Originally posted by scarecroe
Do these kinds of problems happen with other lines of figures form other companies? There seem to be a lot of them (problems) with the Muppet line.

As for Toys R Us, the one in Peabody, MA still hasn't received ANY Muppet figs yet, let alone an exclusive Kermit.
Oh, Yes, they DID..I was there like a week or so earlier and they had two sets worth of them, no Tux Kermits though. (They were put on a outer corner rack of the figures section) My guess is that they must've sold out!

Smig

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Luke Thats a cool response Ken. Can i suggest an article on the Palisades website where you do go into how the figures are made, through the design process, to pics of the figures being manufactured in China ? I think that may well help people understand the actual process that goes on.

Problem with that is, although it is a great suggestion it has been done a lot. In ToyFare magazine, websites etc., and I am not so sure I could add something fresh enough to make it interesting. I wish I could remember where to point you for such an article, but I really can't remember.

We do a shortened version of that from time to time on the Daily Bit (which we should change to Almost Daily Bit since it does slide from time to time), in the It's Evolution, Baby! section...there is one of those coming up on Muppet Labs I think...should go up next week. (If the server can get unchoked...) But a full fledged article on it could get very time consuming.

Anyway, good idea though.

Joe

Reaction score
Originally posted by uncleduke
I am pretty sure you can return merchandise ordered through the website to any Toys R US store. If so, order up some, and just pull the best of the crop, and return the rest ot your local store.

this is a definate No, once Toysrus.com partnered with Amazon.com they(the site and the stores) became two completly different things, so you can't return something bought on the website, to the store unless you do it without a receipt, and in this case you'll be getting back $10.99(store price) for a figure you paid $14.99(web price) for.

For Internet purchases:

The policy for returning items purchased on the internet has changed with the Alliance between Toysrus.com/Babiesrus.com and Amazon.com.

Toysrus.com Internet Return Policy
Merchandise purchased from Toysrus.com/Amazon.com toy store cannot be accepted at any "R" Us land based store locations. These purchases must be returned to Amazon.com as noted on the packing slip that accompanied your internet purchase. Click here to view Amazon.com Return Policy.
http://www207.toysrus.com/corporate_info/tru/tru_about_store_policies.cfm

ZootandDingo

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
Problem with that is, although it is a great suggestion it has been done a lot. In ToyFare magazine, websites etc.
Wow. ToyFare still does articles? I thought they were too busy trying to be The Onion. :rolleyes:

Joe

Reaction score
Originally posted by scarecroe

As for Toys R Us, the one in Peabody, MA still hasn't received ANY Muppet figs yet, let alone an exclusive Kermit.
as of 4 this afternoon the TRU in Peabody, MA has 70 series one Muppets figures :smile: