True or False

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I always thought there was one head lion in the pride, and that he mated with the lionesses.

If you go by the way a pride works in real like, then yes, I would think the answer is true. :stick_out_tongue:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I always thought there was one head lion in the pride, and that he mated with the lionesses.

If you go by the way a pride works in real like, then yes, I would think the answer is true. :stick_out_tongue:
Yeah, I guess I was thinking in "real like" terms.

But in Disney animation I guess it isn't true...

wwfpooh

Reaction score
But doesn't a lion have up to even lionesses in one pride?
But Simba's parents were Mufasa and Surabi (sp?), whereas Nala's parents were another lion and another lioness (as seen via the bath scene before I Just Can't Wait to Be King got started). Thus, you're right...in Disney animation, the statement you made would be false.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
But Simba's parents were Mufasa and Surabi (sp?), whereas Nala's parents were another lion and another lioness (as seen via the bath scene before I Just Can't Wait to Be King got started). Thus, you're right...in Disney animation, the statement you made would be false.
It goes back to what I said: In Disney animation the rules have changes from the way reality works.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
It goes back to what I said: In Disney animation the rules have changes from the way reality works.
Well, considering the taboo of marrying off brothers and sisters (because every fictional being--including animals, as Disney's showed us--has a basis in human psyche because they are based on human personalities, hence how some can relate to specific characters [Heck, Mickey & Minnie were meant to be mouse representations of Walt & his wife]), it's no surprise that the Mouse House changed that aspect.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Very interesting. So is it pooh's turn then for his answer earlier? Are we all agreed?

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Technically, it all depends. In a lot of their shorts, they're just endless lovers, but if we're walking voice actors and alter egos, both the current voices (Wayne Allwine & Russi Taylor) and the original voice actor & the characters' alter egos (Mr. & Mrs. Walt Disney) are/were married in real life.

Plus, Walt himself put it best:

"In private life, Mickey is married to Minnie. A lot of people have written to him asking this question, because sometimes he appears to be married to her in his films and at other times, he's still courting her. What it really amounts to is that Minnie is--for screen purposes--his leading lady. If the story calls for a romantic courtship, then Minnie is the girl; but when the story requires a married couple, then they appear as man and wife. In the studio, we have decided that they are married...Really."

Note: Also, in House of Mouse, Mickey mentions his and Minnie's anniversary, which may imply that he and Minnie are married.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
So you gave away the answer before anybody else had a chance to guess than?