ToyFare #79: Muppet Visual Guide

jediX

Reaction score
Zack the Dog said:
I know this is all nit pickey but does this earn me extra bonus points on this Muppet test? :smile: :wink:
I'd say it does :wink:

agger_rob

Reaction score
Zack the Dog said:
I'm guessing this may have been Toyfair's mix up? There is also one question that I feel is a kind of a trick one, # 5, Which muppet has real human hands? yes we know it's the Swedish Chef as it was Frank Oz's hands but Dr. Teeth is listed as an answer too and yes he does have real human hands used to perform him, they are just covered up, i understand the question is ment for the showing of human flesh hands but still Dr. Teeth has human hands to play the keyboard and such, i just think the question might have been better worded diffrently like if Frank Oz was listed in the question as his hands or maybe the word "actual" human hands showing.
Wouldn't that count for Rowlf too? During certain episodes of the Muppet Show you can clearly see his fingers working the keys on the piano. Real hands inside that fur.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Got mine the other day at Kmart. Love the Gift ones. Now those are going to be the hard to fine ones as well as the most high expeinces ones too. I love that they also mention them in the back as well. Even that Mega ones.

jediX

Reaction score
Beaker, Bunsen, Fozzie....the list goes on :wink:

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
agger_rob said:
Wouldn't that count for Rowlf too? During certain episodes of the Muppet Show you can clearly see his fingers working the keys on the piano. Real hands inside that fur.
Oh well yes, but i ment in this muppet test, the answers are Dr. Teeth, Crazy Harry, Statler and the Swedish Chef.

Many muppets have human hands inside there felt and fur along with Dr. Teeth, Rowlf and the Swedish Chef, there's Fozzie Bear, Link Hogthrob, Beau, Uncle Deadly, Sam the eagle, Busnen, Beaker, Bobo and the Muppet News man among others, I just ment in this particuler question of the four possabile anwsers.

The Swedish Chef is the only one that human flesh hands are completly shown, in which are Frank Oz's hands, i just feel the question might have been better worded like that, i'm sure that all Muppet fans know this, but we know that Dr. Teeth has live hands too, just talking about this question here.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Zack the Dog said:
At one point at the end of the artical is states if people reading knew some muppet facts one of them stating "Or the name Kermit takes after he loses his memory in the Muppets take Manhattan? (Philip Phil_he was looking at a coffee cup at the time.)"

Yes the name is correct but yet it was Kermit looking at a Zoomalong Gasoline ad "Fill'er up" on the wall in which he got the name from.
Yeah, ToyFare did that part.

Zack the Dog said:
Also in the Muppet test at the end it list's Janice as "being a wee bit more, uh, adult , then the rest of the cast" and it has Janice famous self lines, but it lists them all in being from the Great Muppet Caper (besides for the one right "wrong" answer) yet the "Look buddy, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is artistic!" is from the Muppets take Manhattan.
That was ToyFare's addition. I submitted the others.

Zack the Dog said:
There is also one question that I feel is a kind of a trick one, # 5, Which muppet has real human hands?
Interesting perspective. Since the Chef is the character with visible actual hands that was the intent.

There were a few other things they added like Clifford being like a "catfish" and some other minor character references like that.

It was a lot of fun participating in the issue and I'm thankful to the folks at ToyFare for the opportunity.

jediX

Reaction score
I can see where the catfish misconception would come from since, and this quote is to the best of my memory, on one episode of MT Kermit refers to him as a "purple catfish-faced moptop".

Anyway though, nice job on that article. I assume you wrote the section before the quiz, right?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You mean the visual guide? Yes, that's correct. ToyFare did the page on the summer exclusives.

jediX

Reaction score
Anyway, I meant the small text article that is on the same page as the quiz, not the guide itself. I should have specified.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
LOL! Oh yeah the Cillford bit too! I can understand Toyfair mixing up Janice lines for a certain movie, it happens, but that Kermit and the looking at a coffee cup at the time is compleletly, randomly, wrong! LOL! Still they did a nice job and it's a great big spot for the Muppets, i'm also glad you got to work on it Phil! :smile:

Zach,