Top Annoying Misnaming People Do

Muppet Master

Reaction score
If I hear one more person call Jim Henson,"that Sesame Street guy", I will utilise all the exploding penguins I have in stock to teach them a lesson.

Jim was SO much more...
I know, he did so many other things, also some people call him the puppeteer guy, not as insulting, but come on, why do people not know TMS, come on public.

Rugratskid

Reaction score
If I hear one more person call Jim Henson,"that Sesame Street guy", I will utilise all the exploding penguins I have in stock to teach them a lesson.

Jim was SO much more...
He created all of the major Henson franchises; not just Sesame Street. How could someone not know of The Muppet Show? :stick_out_tongue:

muppet maniac

Reaction score
He created all of the major Henson franchises; not just Sesame Street. How could someone not know of The Muppet Show?
But CTW/Sesame Workshop created Sesame Street, not Henson.

Rugratskid

Reaction score
But CTW/Sesame Workshop created Sesame Street, not Henson.
Wow, that totally slipped my mind when I posted that. Not sure how I forgot. :stick_out_tongue: Sometimes people who saw Kermit on Sesame Street are more likely to know of Jim's other shows and projects; this isn't always the case, but sometimes it is.

FraggleLover130

Reaction score
It confuses me more than annoys me, but I know several people who are afraid of the muppets... Some of them are even my friends! It's terrible

LinkiePie<3

Reaction score
Forgive me, but before I became an avid Muppet fan; when I was a wee moppet, I used to address Robin as "Baby Kermit", thinking he was the son of Kermit and Miss Piggy. :halo:

WalterLinz

Reaction score
I hate it when people call Walter "dull", "boring", and "unnecessary".

Once I read a ton of negative comments about him on Twitter, and, no kidding, I got so angry about it I stomped my foot and got into a tantrum.

But after a while, I learned not to get into a situation like this again. Afterward I looked back and laughed over the fact that I got emotional over somebody's opinion about him. And I know someone's opinion shouldn't change my thoughts and feelings or my opinion about him.:fanatic:

Eyeball

Reaction score
I hate it when people call Walter "dull", "boring", and "unnecessary".

Once I read a ton of negative comments about him on Twitter, and, no kidding, I got so angry about it I stomped my foot and got into a tantrum.

But after a while, I learned not to get into a situation like this again. Afterward I looked back and laughed over the fact that I got emotional over somebody's opinion about him. And I know someone's opinion shouldn't change my thoughts and feelings or my opinion about him.:fanatic:
Funny....what kind of movies were they watching? In both of the movies Walter has been in he's been the absolute opposite of all this things, especially unnecessary, as without him how would we have gone to Siberia in MMW or gotten the muppets back together... My guess is they're just some older fans who really didn't like him taking screen time from fan favs.