Tonner Doll Co. Making KERMIT!

muppetguy

Reaction score
Hey, as promised, I wanted to take a few quick pics. Just to let everyone know, I like the little touch they did with kermit. Kermit's collar is actually felt that snaps on and I think that's a great homage to the original puppet. I really like that it isn't sculpted on. The only issue for me is the eyes, the two lines after the pupil are too thin, but that is something very easy to fix with black paint. Oh, and, not sure how to get his pants fully off because the pant bottoms are too tiny for his large amfibian feet. :smile: Here are the pics!

Kermit NO Clothes #1:

Kermit NO Clothes #2:

NEW Piggy: (Sorry, Batgirl is in the way a bit):

Kermit and Piggy Together (Full Body Shot) Used an older piggy, like this duo together, reminds me of an old time movie scene:

Kermit and Piggy (Close Up):

Hope you all enjoy! :wink:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'm glad they included the collar. A closer look at Kermit confirms, that while beautifully crafted, it's not for me, but I'm glad this is out there! The collar point count, pupil focus and shape aren't quite nailed for my geekdom. If they tweaked these dolls a little bit I'd be on board, but the market doesn't demand that. Still, this is some of the finest stuff released under the Muppet banner.

I was thinking of Gonzo because he's all about the funky outfits, but Fozzie, Rowlf etc wouldn't quite be right for this market. However, I would like to see some humanoid character inclusions like Statler, Waldorf, Swedish Chef, Beaker, Bunsen and even Janice. Those could be quite interesting!

dwmckim

Reaction score
The Tonner line has reminded me an awful lot of a more upscale version of Fisher Price's Muppet dress up dolls from aroun 1981 in between the concept, the outfits choices and even the Miss Piggy head sculpt looks very close (when i saw the very first photo of Tonner's Piggy, i thought it was a picture of the Piggy dress up doll). Gonzo was the other Muppet represented in the 1981 line so it seems kinda natural for a Gonzo to come along with this Tonner line!