Today is the Eleventh of September...

Rowlf's Roadie

Reaction score
I was starting 6th grade and needed to get some ointment for my eczema. So I got a hall pass from Spanish class. I was a regular at the nurses' office, with my eczema, allergies, and asthma.
The nurse was crying. They were listening to the news on the radio.
"There's smoke everywhere..."
"That was our roving reporter at the Pentagon..."
Shortly after, the vice principal came on the intercom.
"There has been an explosion at the World Trade Center in New York and at the Pentagon"
I called from the office. Thankfully, my godparents were just fine, though my godmother the nurse was working like crazy.
I got home. My parents were there. They'd been dismissed from work, along with all their coworkers. The explosion was the largest terrorist mass murder ever, and the prime suspect was some guy named Osama Bin Laden.
The aftermath was amazing. These terrorists had attacked us because they were basically jealous that we had it better than them. We were in the best country in the world and they weren't. Everyone proudly displayed the stars and stripes. Celebrities and musicians proudly lent their hands to raising money for the victims.
And as much as I despise John Kerry, he defined it all during his speech. On that day, nobody cared who was President in 2004. On that day, America was united like on no other day in history.
So please. Just for this day, let's forget about it again. Forget about Kerry. Forget about Bush. Leave it for November 2nd. Today's not the day to debate. Today's the day to unite. Even those **** politicians know that. If they can, we all can.

Rest in peace.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Yes, the days following 9-11 were so surreal. There was grief and fear, but there was also kindness and compassion on a scale rarely seen. It seemed as though everyone was going out of their way to be nice to everyone else. It's a darn shame it takes a tragedy for that to happen... :frown:
Erin

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
A very scary thought to me too,adding to what Erin said,is its so sad that security around the world was so lax before and still is after 9-11.Goes to show,nothing is impossible.Yes,I do agree,why does it always take something tragic,to bring people strangers or not,closer together?

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
Rowlf's Roadie said:
So please. Just for this day, let's forget about it again. Forget about Kerry. Forget about Bush. Leave it for November 2nd.
I agree with everything stated here, except for this. KEEP IT UP EVEN THROUGH NOVEMBER 2nd. Let's keep loving our neighbors as ourselves. Yes it's a shame that it takes a tragedy to make people come together, but might it not even be worse if we fall back into our rut? What have we actually learned from the event 3 years ago? Will America REALLY never forget?

September 11th should not be the day to come together and be united. It's the day we should remember why we are. :attitude: