To misspiggy5260, MuppetLover2000, Collgoff, muppetfan24/7, and GopherCoffee

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Other forums, like others have said, would haver BANNED you for such nonsense.
Believe it or not, we actually have had to ban people before in the past for such thing; one guy in particular had a habit of responding, "Yeah, I agree" ALL THE TIME. Likewise, he was asked repeated to be mindful of discussions, as well as put a stop to posting, "Yeah I agree" over and over and over again on almost every discussion that was going on. He got better for a little while, but then he started up again, was asked again to stop with the, "Yeah I agree", but he continued to do so, and eventually was suspended. And he was an adult, actually.

Personally, I think expecting young members, even teenagers to act like adults on the forum is going just a little too far (I've been a moderator on a forum once where we had a couple of 11 and 12-year-olds who really didn't misbehave at all, though one of the admins begrudged them simply for being kids and and tried to make them act like adults or leave the forum... and that was a forum for Alvin and The Chipmunks, so it's a similar situation like with the Muppets, you have to expect members of all ages to be a part of the forum), however, I do agree a little maturity is in order here. To repeatedly ignore people asking you to reevaluate your behavior, then to call people mean, unfair haters when finally calling you out on it is rather uncalled for, do you mouth off at your parents when they have to discipline you once in a while?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Exactly, Heralde. Seems like there are only about a half of dozen users here that are bothered by it. The rest of us are more tolerant.
Like I said, I don't think anyone is trying to gossip. It's just that this is just starting to remind me of Middle School where we had a really bad substitute teacher who thought it would be a great idea to literally hold a trial where the students could complain about kids they didn't like (not kidding, I wish I was). Naturally all the really unpopular kids got put on the trial while the popular kids got to openly complain about them.

Yours truly was one of the lucky unpopular kids who got put on trial (that was literally how the teacher put it, God she was an idiot, lol). My crimes? I was too awkward and shy. I was always holding up the class because I forgot a book (as if any of them cared about school). And I was "annoying" whenever I hung out with the one friend I had. This "teacher" assured me I'd be able to give "my side" tomorrow but somehow that never happened. My parents were furious, they complained to the principal, who didn't see what the big deal was (yeah worst school ever, lol).

So yeah, I'm sensitive to this stuff, lol.

galagr

Reaction score
Galagr, I feel like the first was sort of directed at me. I'm sorry about the SS movie thread.:oops:

None of those posts were directed at anybody. They were just general rules that I believe that the community as a whole should follow.

As for the Sesame Street movie thread...eh...what can I say? A lot of people were excited about it.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
My two cents, for what it's worth:

I've got no quarrel with any of the above-mentioned people. I can see where their behavior can be deemed as immature/inappropriate for this forum and get under people's skin. But at least their behavior doesn't seem aggressive or spiteful.

There was a member here who has thankfully since been banned (go back to around 2005 in the Classic Sesame section, where he polluted almost every thread) who deliberately went out of his way to pick a fight with anyone who didn't conform to his own narrow-minded expectations. Quite a few members came forth (including me) to express their disapproval of him. I don't think the behavior of anyone mentioned here can be as extreme as that.

Colette- I do admire your apologizing. That goes a long way in building character.
Hopefully we can take a cue from dwayne1115 and put this behind us, be a little more respectful of others, make our posts a little more constructive, and create an environment that would truly honor Jim.

Thank you for indulging an old coot like me.
Brian the Fuzzy One.

cjd874

Reaction score
To these five members: there's nothing wrong with wanting to contribute to the forum, I think that you just need to think a bit more deeply before you make your posts. Think about how everyone else on the forum will react to what you write. Your words are a reflection of who you are, and who you aspire to be. NOBODY reacts well to a one-word post because it is a waste of time for people to check that thread, only to see that one-word post. Trust me, I've read way too many of these posts and I'm getting sick and tired of it. Plus, one-word posts really don't say anything good about the thread subject OR the posting member.

As the senior members have said like broken records, USE PM. Private messaging and conversations can hold ZILLIONS of one-word posts. From what I've seen, multiple people have tried to get the point across, but have failed to convince you. They are trying their hardest to be kind about it, including several PMs to said offenders, and now the big guns have come out. Please please please, we can't have this escalating any further. Please be considerate of the others on this forum, and how we can maintain better relationships with each other. This is supposed to be a harmonious fan forum, not a private messaging/spam/thread battlefield.

misspiggy5260

Reaction score
I've only been messaged from a mod one time and It was a misunderstanding so am I not getting messages?

Slackbot

Reaction score
A few days ago I tried to PM one of these people (not you, misspiggy5260) about ongoing issues, but she has disabled messaging. Can't talk to someone who's not listening.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Did this thread have to be trudged back up? I mean, really, we haven't had any issues for a while now, things were peaceful for everybody, no complaints from either side, things had settled down... so, why did this have to be brought back up?

Slackbot

Reaction score
I mean, really, we haven't had any issues for a while now, things were peaceful for everybody, no complaints from either side
That turns out not to be the case. There have been problems in the fan fiction & art forum.