TMS outline - Mel Brooks (& Oscar the Grouch)! (by Gorgon Heap & Barry Lee)

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
This is very interesting, because I was just thinking did Kermit and Oscar ever interact on SS?
Yeah. They did in the 1988 pledge drive special, remember Kermit asking Oscar why he liked/dislkied public television. There was also the sketch about the grouch bus stop.

Good one with two most famous green Muppets. 😀

I also liked Oscar's Sally Brown imitation.

Last edited:

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
GOODNIGHTS: Kermit enters.

Kermit: “And so we’ve come down to the end of another one. And if we don’t make it on Broadway, at least we’ll make it here for another week. But not before we say thank you to our wonderful guest star, ladies and gentlemen, Mel Brooks! YAY!”

(Mel enters playing the bongos).

Mel: “Thank you, Kermit!”

(Mel resumes playing, getting really into it.)

Kermit: “Uh, Mel! Mel, I thought I told you: no drums. I mean, Animal’s been a wreck tonight. I just saw him with a self-help book.”

Mel: “... Let me guess: a self-help book on rye bread with a side of chips.”

(Kermit chuckles.)

Kermit: “Anyway, it was a great show.”

Oscar (O.S.): “Yeah, and I have a big problem with that!”

Kermit: “Hoo boy.”

(Bruno carries Oscar in. He yells up at Statler & Waldorf.)

Oscar: “You call this trash?! I've seen better trash in the alley outside! I wasted a whole week's vacation to get here! You owe me restitution!”

Kermit: “How'd you like to take all the trash in the alley plus what the janitor collects tonight?”

Oscar: “You've got yourself a deal, Greenie.”

Kermit: “We’ll see you all next time on The Muppet Show!”

(Mel, Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Scooter, Link, Beauregard, Oscar, Bruno, Fleet Scribbler, Afghan Hound, and a small alligator gather around. Beauregard, dustpan in one hand and hand broom in the other, sweeps garbage into Oscar’s trash can, to the latter’s delight.)
Forgot to mention, the goodnights ARE in front of the red curtain per usual.