TMS outline- Jerry Orbach!

P

Philip Kippel

Gorgon Heap said:
Robin leads off with "Before the Parade Passes By", but is interrupted by the passing of a parade, led by Fozzie (in appropriate costume, as are all who enter from this point in) singing "Seventy-Six Trombones".
Which muppets make up the parade that Fozzie leads in this number?

Fozzie's performance is interrupted by Annie Sue's rendition of "A Bushel and a Peck", accompanied by the male pigs in gangster outfits.
Which male pigs are here? Link? Strangepork? Any of the generic what-not pigs?

Enter the Swedish Chef, at the reins of a full-fledged horse-drawn coach and singing "The Surrey with the Fringe on Top".
I suppose the Chef sings his in mock-Swedish as usual. Right?

And who's the horse in this number? Paul Reveare? Old Skyball Paint? Who?

To save face, and their own ears, and the number, the rest of the Muppets join in and finish the number.
Do any other muppets join in at this point, besides the muppets that appear earlier?

(Beaker, still dressed as Tevye, leads Fozzie's marching band in "Hava Nagila", and they all run right over Jerry. A legitimate bandleader chases after them.)

Bandleader: "Hey! Come back with my marching band!"
The mentioned bandleader is a what-not man, I suppose. Right?

(The aliens perform from the works of Cole Porter, Gershwin, Kern et al- and the biggest one closes with "I've Got You Under My Skin", attempting to re-create another famous "Muppet Show" moment! He chases the pigs all over the set as the sketch fades out.)
Which songs are sung before "Under My Skin?

Which aliens take the ship?

And which alien/creature/character tries to eat the pigs at the end of the sketch?

CLOSING NUMBER: "New York, New York"- Jerry sings and dances in a terrific Busby Berkeley-style cityscape, complete with Muppet cabbies, newspaper vendors, fruit stand vendors, tenants leaning out of windows, dancing rats, and the three Mutations (tux-clad)
The cabbies, newspaper vendors, fruit stand vendors and tenants are all what-nots. Right?

And is Rizzo among the dancing rats?

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Philip Kippel said:
Which muppets make up the parade that Fozzie leads in this number?
Diana Ross episode Dixieland band.

Which male pigs are here? Link? Strangepork? Any of the generic what-not pigs?
Generic Whatnot pigs.

I suppose the Chef sings his in mock-Swedish as usual. Right?
Yes.

And who's the horse in this number? Paul Reveare? Old Skyball Paint? Who?
Skyball Paint.

Do any other muppets join in at this point, besides the muppets that appear earlier?
Nope, just the ones who were already there.

The mentioned bandleader is a what-not man, I suppose. Right?
Yes.

Which songs are sung before "Under My Skin?
Hmm, don't know.

Which aliens take the ship?
Alice Cooper band plus 'Food', Phoob, and Trevor the Gross.

And which alien/creature/character tries to eat the pigs at the end of the sketch?
Hmm, how about a new character? Either that or Big Mama with the sproingy things on his/her head i.e. the Carol Burnett episode.

The cabbies, newspaper vendors, fruit stand vendors and tenants are all what-nots. Right?
Right.

And is Rizzo among the dancing rats?
Yes.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

P

Philip Kippel

Gorgon Heap said:
Hmm, how about a new character? Either that or Big Mama with the sproingy things on his/her head i.e. the Carol Burnett episode.
Or you could have Behemoth do that again.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
A small edit:

(A fish flies past Jerry's head. The Walrus runs in the reverse direction, still with Lew's minnow bucket and with Lew still chasing him.)

Lew: "Hey! Don't you try to run away from me!"
(To Jerry)
"Oh, sorry about that, Mr. Orbach. Mortimer has bad aim."
Change "bad aim" to "astigmatism". IMO it's funnier, it's not about the fish's aim, simply spoken as 'bad aim', but about his eyes, and in fact a diagnosed eye condition. (And a big word. Big words are funny. And educational- as a kid I developed my large vocabulary partially from looking up the adjectives in the Season Two intros of Pigs in Space.)

P

Philip Kippel

Who performed the following characters:

-Wanda
-Old Skyball Paint
-the showgirl in Vet's Hospital
-the Alice Cooper Band
-Food
-the hungry alien

I suppose that the role of Trevor the Gross would be reprised by Steve Whitmire. Right?

And would Jerry Nelson perform the Phoob again?

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
Wanda- Kathy Mullen
Old Skyball Paint- Jerry Nelson
Vet's Hospital Show Girl- Louise Gold
Alice Cooper Band- Frank Oz, Richard Hunt, Jerry Nelson, Dave Goelz
Food- Jim Henson
Hungry Alien- Brian Muehl

Steve Whitmire would reprise Trevor for this number, while Dave Goelz would perform the Phoob.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Philip Kippel said:
I'm still waiting for answers, Gorgon Heap.
Patience, man. I spent the whole of Friday night answering your questions, worked all day yesterday, went to the movies last night, and worked all day today. Don't nag, I can't always answer instantaneously.

Who performed the following characters:
-Wanda: Kathy Mullen
-Old Skyball Paint: Jerry
-the showgirl in Vet's Hospital: Louise
-the Alice Cooper Band: various (some of them don't talk); the silver-headed guy is performed by Dave, the blue goblin by Jerry, and the Chopped Liver Monster by Jim
-Food: doesn't talk
-the hungry alien: Brian Muehl

I suppose that the role of Trevor the Gross would be reprised by Steve Whitmire. Right?
Yes.

And would Jerry Nelson perform the Phoob again?
Let's make it Richard this time.

P

Philip Kippel

Gorgon Heap said:
Patience, man. I spent the whole of Friday night answering your questions, worked all day yesterday, went to the movies last night, and worked all day today. Don't nag, I can't always answer instantaneously.
I'm very sorry for nagging.:frown:

Please forgive me.