Tinseltown News

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I would but there's one problem..ever since they changed the site I've not been able to view or listen to the Podcasts.
:confused: Is this a Flash issue? Ever since Adobe purchased Macromedia, Flash just hasn't been the same. They should have just left it alone. Sometimes the streaming properties of their videos are prohibitively tweaky on high speed wi-fi connections. These connections are what the culture is turning toward and darn Adobe is trying their darn best to make their product obsolete when it could be even more cutting edge. Whew. Rant over. I'm a Flash designer and it just upsets me. :eek:

The other Adobe products are great, but they tweak with them too. There is no reason that a talented designer can't get the same results through Photoshop 4 as can be achieved through the current CS versions.

I listen to the podcast on my partner's Mac. Actually, they answered his (Ian's) question a few casts back. It was the one after the Tinseltown cast. He asked about the famous Muppet waiting room mural. They answered part of the question, but didn't mention where a nicer hi-res photon (aside from the one in Jim Henson: The Works) could be found? :flirt:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Here's a thought...

Tinseltown Christmas Special.

Obviously they won't be putting one together this year, but with those characters I can imagine a Christmas Special would be simply amazing.

Plus! Tinsel! You're already halfway there!

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
:confused: Is this a Flash issue? Ever since Adobe purchased Macromedia, Flash just hasn't been the same. They should have just left it alone. Sometimes the streaming properties of their videos are prohibitively tweaky on high speed wi-fi connections. These connections are what the culture is turning toward and darn Adobe is trying their darn best to make their product obsolete when it could be even more cutting edge. Whew. Rant over. I'm a Flash designer and it just upsets me. :eek:

The other Adobe products are great, but they tweak with them too. There is no reason that a talented designer can't get the same results through Photoshop 4 as can be achieved through the current CS versions.

I listen to the podcast on my partner's Mac. Actually, they answered his (Ian's) question a few casts back. It was the one after the Tinseltown cast. He asked about the famous Muppet waiting room mural. They answered part of the question, but didn't mention where a nicer hi-res photon (aside from the one in Jim Henson: The Works) could be found? :flirt:
It must be...I don't like Macs so that very well could be it.
The only mac thing I own is an ipod.
But yeah the thing on the page wont even load for me.
It looks as if there is something there but it's just a dead block.
And my heart felt sympathies to you I can't stand flash lol
Here's a thought...

Tinseltown Christmas Special.

Obviously they won't be putting one together this year, but with those characters I can imagine a Christmas Special would be simply amazing.

Plus! Tinsel! You're already halfway there!
Heh but Amazing? No, it would be faaaabbbbulloouus! lol

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
They answered part of the question, but didn't mention where a nicer hi-res photon (aside from the one in Jim Henson: The Works) could be found? :flirt:
In my copy of "The Works" the image is faded on one side. :frown:

I'd be interested in seeing a really nice hi-res picture of it.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
In my copy of "The Works" the image is faded on one side. :frown:

I'd be interested in seeing a really nice hi-res picture of it.
This Quinn-written MC article in 2002 is as close as I've come to a good picture of it. Some really nice stuff in that. "Bring me the head of Fozzie Bear!" He he. I miss these kinds of articles. :embarrassed:

Another Friday passes without Tinseltown. :sympathy:

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
oooo they got me! they put Tinsel town back up on the main alien boot camp page but it's the same episode! dang them!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I think this show was something Brian Henson and Bill Barretta put together to pass the time between projects. I think it's safe to consider it's been given a DNR order from all involved. :sympathy:

More attention is being spent to the new Muppet movie, the Fraggle film and the struggling Dark Crystal project. Let's not forget Puppet Up and the other puppet sketch show the Henson Company is backing. Maybe Tinseltown will be a sketch on that. It really is more of a short-subject concept that a full-fledged show. We can only hope. :embarrassed:

Luke

Reaction score
I liked it, i thought it was very current. Granted the writing wasn't great but i think it was a great concept and the style of puppets worked well with human actors. I agree it would be better as a sketch in a bigger show - a puppet/human sketch show could work well actually. I think Henson have been doing a lot of inbetween type projects lately (Sam Plenty, lol) and are yet to really establish themselves since they sold the Muppets. I guess the Weinstein deal is where they think their future is so it'll be interesting to see how the fairy tales parodies go down and Fraggle.

I think they'll look to sci-fi again as well. The Farscape webisodes are supposedly going back into production and they are looking for a show from that.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
I found "Tinseltown" offensive for the sake of, well, being offensive. It's possibly my least favorite thing to ever come out of the company.