Tinseltown News

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Seeing that there is nothing about this topic, Greg has written on his Muppet Newsflash blog that the project Tinseltown which we heard about in November will be a web series supposedly launching in 2008, heres the dirt:
Back in November I reported that the Jim Henson Company was developing a series titled "Tinseltown". The show is about a bull named Samson Knight and a pig named Bobby Vegan, a mismatched gay couple living in Hollywood. Henson has just revealed some more information on the development of this project at this week’s Comic-Con convention in San Diego, along with giving attendees a sneak peak at the series.
"Tinseltown" is currently being developed by the company as web series, set to launch itself onto the Internet sometime in the next year. An episode of this adult puppet show was shown at Comic-Con and was a big hit with the audience. The comical, character-driven web series is sure to garner a lot of attention and attract a lot of fans when it hits the web, and you can be sure that I’ll keep you posted with more information on this project, and other Henson Company dealings, when more information surfaces.
Source: The Muppet Newsflash

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Hey Barry. This intrigued me too. I'm looking forward to it.

I suppose the Jim Henson Company is tapping into an edgy niche market. I'm sure Disney won't be doing this sort of project. And it's a smart way to build more of a fan-base after the departure of the Muppet Show characters.

Has anybody seen some art on this? :confused:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Puppets Revealed For Tinseltown!

Thought I'd bump this thread up again seeing that Henson.com relaunced with a new blub and photo on Tinseltown. It's a thin line they will be walking here, but I think it has promise. :smile:

Link to Henson.com's Tinseltown Press Release :wink:

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Tinseltown to be a televison series

Just to clear something up -- Tinseltown is being developed by the company as a television show for the LOGO network. It is not going to be a web series. Henson signed a deal with LOGO to produce a pilot (no word on when we'll see it yet).

Henson showed another project at Comic Con that is in development for the web called Sam Plenty - things god jumbled in the madness of the jillion panelists that day and some wires were crossed -- but after posting the initial report I quickly corrected myself.

From what I've heard/seen of this project, I think it will be great fun and very entertaining.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
ugh thats great for henson and all but hardly anyone gets logo....blah

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Logo is a cable network that caters to the gay market. Think Lifetime, but the same demographic (he he). Hey, I'm allowed to make that joke. :wink:

They have some new original programming. One new animated program contains figures that resemble the Fischer Price "Little People" in their own Will and Grace-like sitcom.

Tinseltown seems to be walking the edge of what could offend all different types of Muppet fans, but if anyone can handle this material with the right perspective, I think it's Henson. :smile:

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
we get LOGO here couse we have that time warner cable... I've NEVER watched the channel (really never had a reason too!) but NOW i will couse of "Tinseltown" :smile: I see on Henson.com that pic of the Pig & the Bull... the Pig sorta reminds me of "Howard the Pig" from IAVMMCM (Its A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie). :smirk:

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
This is actually looking pretty good! I had worries about this at first, it didn't sound Henson-like, it sounded like some ridiculous adult sitcom like South Park, but this is really shaping up! The puppets are a lot more Muppet-like than I pictured, I thought they would have been really photo-realistic puppets.