Three Ball Salsa

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Bump. This is a two-week notice that we, the readers, are wanting for an update to the 3-Ball. When you got it ready. After all, you're probably soaking up all the little factoids and photos from the new MCE (Muppet Character Encyclopedia) that was released today. Or you're probably trying to stay up late like the rest of us who'll have to sit through the entirety of Jimmy Fallon's last episode of Late Night just to get to the vaunted Muppet appearance that's been scheduled. So yeah, please post when possible. Thanks.

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
Hello! This is your two week response that 1. I is sorry for not working on this and 2. having some pc issues at the moment. On a good side, I gots new, bigger monitor per free; the downside being that it exposed that one of my memory sticks had gone/been bad for quite some time, so I'm having memory issues left and right.

Again, luckily, I was able to order a replacement that, hopefully, will be here this week and should solve the issues. I have started said chapter and will hopefully finish and have soemthing for you later in the week, yeah?

:big_grin:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
So long as you posteth new chapter, we forgive your memory issues.
:electric: What memory issues?
Er, I forgot.
Link: No, we're doomed doomed doomed!
Leon: That's dumb dumb dumb.
Link: Aaaah, it's already started!

Couldn't resist. BTW: The Slackbot has an awesome fic running, you should read, you'd like.
*On the Road to Muppets Most Wanted.

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
So, here is my word of advice for your week, kiddies. When purchasing and building a pc, make sure that the operating system you're using is able to see the amount of RAM you have purchased. This way, instead of you thinking that there's something wrong with your sticks and going out to buy two different sticks in order to test this, thus spending over $100, you will naturally assume that you need to install the 64 bit version instead of the 32 bit version.

Needless to say, if you've been wondering why I've been a bit late in this, there you go. But after two reformats (one full and one partioned so I can have a play pc and a work pc on one machine), I am happy to bring you the first part of what happens at our little banquet.

In case some of you have forgotten - our favorite couple Scooter and Amanda have had their first fight, our favorite power couple has come to the rescue, and a newcomer along with Amanda's dad try to get everyone back on track. In this chapter, we have the banquet - will it bring the two redhead's back together? Will Piggy's plan work? Will Kermit find out what the heck is in his pockets? Will Chase kill his future son-in-law?

Let's watch!

VI.

La Luna Banquet Hall, Los Angeles

Better Business Bureau Recognition in Management/Woman in Management Banquet Dinner

Wednesday nights weren’t particularly spectacular, for anyone in the city of LA, but tonight – within the La Luna Banquet Hall – the acclaimed Better Business Bureau was holding a ceremony celebrating those in management, especially women who held a managerial position within their business. These awards usually took place every few months, though the awards were usually done by recommendation by business owners or stock/shareholders, but sometimes through special consideration, managers can be recommended by those outside of the business.

The Banquet itself was only expected to hold a few hundred people, including those being honored, their business co-workers and owners, as well as their friends and families. For many of those assembled, this night would be a standard award ceremony, but for two different parties, the night was anything but.

Arriving early for the ceremony, Scooter Grosse was full of nervous energy that wasn’t a result of the award he would be receiving; an award that had suddenly landed in his lap, only a few days after he had a horrible argument with his girlfriend. Someone that would be receiving an award that very night, in the very same room. Accompanying Scooter was that of his boss and the boss’ girl, the same two people the page thought were responsible for his recommendation; for their part, Kermit and Piggy gave no indication that they had given the recommendation, though the diva held no qualms at taking the credit for the inclusion.

The event was a black tie affair, so all involved were dressed in their ultra Sunday best – Scooter and Kermit were dressed in their tuxedos, while Piggy – always one to make a fashion statement – was dressed in a nice blue evening gown that seemed to bring out those famous baby blues.

“Appreciate the vote of confidence, I really do,” Scooter muttered, as the trio walked into the room. “But this was a bad night for this.”

“You worry too much,” Piggy replied, intertwining her arm with his. “Enjoy your special night, dearheart.”

“Gonna be hard to do when his girl walks in on another guy’s arm,” Kermit replied, immediately regretting it when he heard the red head’s moan and received a death glare from the blond on his arm.

“Let’s not worry about what may or may not happen,” the diva stressed. “Let’s just enjoy ourselves tonight, yes? Moi certainly does not get all gussied up for a night on the town to not have a night on the town.”

“Vous would get gussied up for morning coffee,” Kermit commented.

“Moi will keep that in mind and will now never get gussied up for morning coffee.”

“It’s like a 40’s movie with the two of you around,” the red head grumbled.

[hr]

Fifteen minutes after the arrival of the power trio, another power trio entered, this group being that of father and daughter Chase and Amanda Cosgrove and Amanda’s date, Scottie Coulter. Amanda was being honored for recognition of her managerial style and experience thanks to the work that she did for her father’s pool hall; the young businesswoman was supposed to be accompanying the despondent Scooter Grosse to the event, but their earlier disagreement changed those plans, with Scottie talking his place as a result.

While Scooter was under the impression that his employer had given the recommendation for this award, in actuality it had been Scottie who had put his name in the running for the award – the result of learning that his friend and ex-girlfriend had neglected to inform her boyfriend that the blond had no romantic interest in the woman. In fact, Scottie had stated that he thought Scooter quite the catch and that Amanda was one lucky girl to have him; being a romantic himself, Scottie hated the idea that he had come in between the couple, especially when it was clear the two were clearly very much into each other.

Both Scottie and Chase cut dashing figures in their tuxedos and it was clear that both were attracting the attention of some of the ladies in the room; however it was Amanda whom everyone’s eyes seemed to be on. Dressed in a dark red sparkling dress, that she specifically gotten to wear for the occasion, the Whatnot caused her own heads to turn, including the one whose head she had hoped to dazzle when she revealed the dress to him.

And of course Scooter had noticed. His frantic “There she is!” to his entourage was only tempered with the full vision of loveliness that came into the room. “My God, she’s gorgeous,” whispered the page, in stunned reverence.

“Moi must admit,” Piggy admired. “That Miss Amanda has taste, both in dresses and companions. Scottie is most definitely a hottie in person.”

“Your date is standing right next to you.”

“That’s nice, dear,” the diva murmured, her eyes on Scottie, while her hand was busy pulling on small mint box from one of Kermit’s jacket pockets. “Here Red,” she said, opening the tin. “Have a mint and make sure your breath and voice is good to go.”

“Why?”

“Why!?” she asked, startled. “Because vous is going to talk to the girl of your dreams in about ten seconds.”

“Ten seconds?”

“Yes,” Piggy sighed in exasperation. “It’ll take at least that long for them to come this way and Moi wants to make sure that she’s ready for the hottie.”

“Again,” Kermit deadpanned. “Standing right here.”

It was clear to see that the two groups obviously saw each other, with Amanda and Scooter making eye contact with each other, however before a word could be said to anyone, the master of ceremonies asked that everyone take a seat, as the ceremony was about to begin. The two groups had no choice but to sit down and enjoy the presentations and awards given; the ceremony itself was to be about an hour, while there was a reception to take place immediately afterwards in the same room.

There were several different awards being given out that evening, including those for both Scooter and Amanda; the women’s awards were the highlight of the evening, highlighting the achievements of those recipients. The honor was probably the highest within management circles, especially considering that there were so few women within management positions, it was important to recognize these women and their accomplishments in their different industries.

Amanda’s award was a definite honor, considering that her interests hadn’t always been in the business world; for such a small business, Cosgrove’s Cool Pool had a huge reputation thanks to the service the employees provided for their customers, as well as some of the business that had come in during opening hours. Thanks to their annual pool tournament which also featured several of the Muppets themselves, the pool hall had gotten a lot of publicity, thanks to the theater troupe and some of the famous pool players they had coming and going within the establishment.

Amanda had met each and every challenge of being a young business woman in the city of lights with a tenacity and determination that had come from her parents. Scooter couldn’t have been more proud of her receiving the award and he was sure that he was clapping the loudest, until he looked over and saw that Scottie had also stood up to applaud for the young Whatnot. When Scooter had gotten his award – one that both Kermit and Piggy agreed was long in coming for the redhead – Amanda had applauded the loudest, though she had quickly caught herself when the page caught her eye and the two stared at each other before Scooter was politely asked to leave the stage for the other recipients.

The reception for the winners and attendees was held in the same room, with many of the tables being moved around so that the center of the room could be available for dancing; a small lounge band had been hired in order to play some background music while folks mingled and chatted about. The power trio of Kermit, Piggy, and Scooter stood off to one side, watching as a few people started to make their way onto the dance floor, while others sat at their tables enjoying some of the refreshments and food that was being laid out towards the back of the room, with a few of the hotel staff handing and serving guests.

Ever since meeting her eyes while on stage, Scooter hadn’t been able to take his eyes off the business manager. Amanda had always been a stunning creature that he had the pleasure of knowing, but seeing her tonight – dressed as beautiful as she was – made his heart not only ache, but pine for her. “You know,” a voice to his right replied. “You could just go over there and talk to her.”

“I would,” the redhead sighed. “If she didn’t seem so attached at the hip with Scottie Too Hottie there.”

“Leave everything to me, Andrew,” Piggy responded, once again reaching into Kermit’s pocket, before going into his inner jacket pocket and pulling out a tube of lipstick, earning her an annoyed look from her date. “Give me two minutes to get his eyes on me, then you go ahead and make your move.”

And with that, Miss Piggy made her own move by making a beeline for the area where the other power trio, though minus one member, stood by the buffet area.

“I see your girl’s making her move.”

“It is her strongest feature,” Kermit said, nodding to the pool owner as he came over to them.

“I could mention many of her features,” Chase chuckled. “Her determination is far lower on that list.” Looking at Scooter, Chase nodded a greeting. “Grosse.”

“Mr. Cosgrove.”

“Any reason why you’re here and not over there with my daughter, whose heart is heavy with regret?”

“Regret?” Scooter asked, horrified. All the possible thoughts that the redhead could think of immediately popped into his head, causing him sigh heavily. Taking a deep breath, he squared his shoulders and took the mindset of resolution. “Alright,” he said, nodding. “You’re right, Mr. Cosgrove, I should be taking this like a man and a man I am and a man I shall be. Excuse me.”

Like Piggy before him, Scooter made his move and made his way towards Amanda and the rest of his destiny.

“Did that seem like he was walking to his execution?” Chase asked.

“Most people do get that feeling while in Piggy’s presence,” the frog replied. “I know I do.”

[hr]

“Diva approaching, twelve o’clock.”

Scottie always knew a diva when he saw one, regardless of gender. In many cases, they weren’t true divas – those that were high class without the maintenance – but he was always on the lookout for those he wanted to meet and greet. In all honesty, Scottie was a big fan of Miss Piggy and the very thought that she could be there at the banquet was at least one reason he had finally agreed to accompany Amanda to this thing.

He was still a bit irritated at her, for letting that adorable Muppet believe there was something between them that was more than friendly and definitely for not notifying that same Muppet that the blonde’s interests laid with the home team, so to speak. But in the scheme of things, he did get to dress up – which he had always enjoyed – and from what he was seeing now, meet one of his favorite celebrities.

“Diva approaching,” he murmured to his date, watching as the crowd seem to part as Piggy walked through on her way towards them. “Twelve o’clock.”

“Bon jour, mon amies!”

“Miss Piggy, what a lovely surprise,” Amanda replied, smiling at the leading lady. “I didn’t expect this to be your kinda thing.”

“Nonsense,” Piggy replied, waving her hand in the air. “Moi is always appreciative of those who work hard to make us look good and certainly, both you and our dear Andrew do your part to make many people’s lives easier in the day to day. Wouldn’t you agree, Mister…?”

“Oh!” Amanda started, looking between Scottie and Piggy. “Miss Piggy, this is my…um…friend, Scottie. Scottie, Miss Piggy.”

“Diva,” Scottie breathed, taking the leading lady’s hand and kissing it. “It is a pleasure of the highest.”

“A fan?”

“Of the most loyal set,” was his response, adding a gentlemanly bow for effect. “I almost refused to come to this thing, but Mandy just had to name drop and so here I am.”

“And here I am,” Piggy added, smiling sweetly. “And now we’re both here, to our mutual delight. Fantastic. Andrew, there you are.”

Appearing at her left, Scooter nodded to both Scottie and Amanda, however his eyes never left hers. “Congratulations,” the Whatnot sputtered, clearing her throat nervously, embarrassed that she seemed to be nervous around someone she had previously had no qualms sharing intimate details with.

“You too,” Scooter whispered.

Scottie and Piggy glanced at each other before looking at the forlorn couple, just as the band started a slow jazzy number, hoping to get more folks on the dance floor. “Oh Mandy, look,” the blond piped up. “The band’s starting to play Glenn Miller, you love him. Should take a spin on the dance floor.”

“Did you want to dance?” the Whatnot asked, eagerly.

Scottie chuckled, nervously. “Oh lovey,” he said. “You know I don’t dance; two left feet, but I’m sure Mr. Grosse here is an excellent dancer.”

“Oh he is!” Piggy exclaimed, agreeing with the blond. “Andrew, why don’t you show Amanda just how good of a dancer you truly are?”

The two redhead were momentarily shocked and stunned at the turn of events, events they had hoped to avoid with such a large group of people. Steeling himself however for what needed to be done, Scooter none the less held out his hand to the Whatnot, asking, “Would you do me the honor?”

Amanda opened her mouth to perhaps decline the offer, but seeing the expressive look on his face caused her heart to tighten; perhaps she hadn’t wanted to admit to anyone – or even herself – just how much she had hurt Scooter with her actions, that she had been so happy with seeing Scottie again that the recent change in her relationship had drifted to the wayside. The silence between them, though only about a second or two, seemed to last for eons from Scooter’s point of view.

How was he going to let this woman go?

Determined to be the bigger man and let Amanda go on to happiness with Scottie, at that moment, Scooter was suddenly set to do everything he could to keep her in his life. He was prepared to marry this woman and the well-tanned, well-toned, and very attractive Scott Jamison Coulter wasn’t going to stop him; for the first time in his dating career, Andrew Martin Grosse was going to fight for the girl.

Placing her hand in his, Amanda murmured to their companions, “I take it the two of you will be fine without us?”

“Oh, I’m sure Scott and Moi will find something to do while we’re watching you and Fred Astaire there waltz across the floor.”

“Make Fosse proud,” Scottie tittered, giddily. The two watched as the couple made their way towards the dance floor, their looks clearly saying they both wanted to be near each other and equally keep their distance.

“Those two couldn’t be more perfect for each other.”

Turning a surprised look on her fellow blond, Piggy couldn’t help but smile at the revelation. “A fellow shipper?”

“Oh, I’m most definitely on the good ship Grosse,” Scottie replied, sending an admiring glare at the bespectacled Muppet. “He is dreamy.”

“Scottie dear, let’s play a game.”

“Which is?”

“Well,” Piggy started, taking the blonde’s arm and leading him to a nearby table. “Moi likes to call it ‘In or Out’.”

Scottie couldn’t help but laugh. “Oh, that’s scandalous!” he giggled. “And downright devious. Let’s start with the wait staff.”

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
About time Scooter and Amanda got back together again.
Huh, I think there's a song there, but I can't remember which one.

Definitely appreciate the fact that this fic got updated, and the back and forth between the various couples is tres amusant. Gussied up for the morning coffee, heh, will have to remember that one for later.

Yes, Scottie does work with certain divas and can recognize one from a mile away. Especially since he made an appearance back at the beginning of the year in January 2014.

Hope for more soon before we end up lost eating our way up that doughnut mountain truffle fat. :insatiable:

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
Hey Mups, how hangs it!?

Guess what I got??

Yep, your next chapter of 3 Ball! We're coming to the end folks! This is the last chapter before the epilogue.

VII.

On the dance floor, Amanda and Scooter stood face to face, trying to decide just how close they should be dancing. Taking the iniative, Scooter placed his right hand on her waist, while he took her hand in his left, and the two of them began to sway back and forth to the music.

Their dancing was much stiffer than they would normally be, each wondering what the other was thinking. “You look beautiful tonight,” came the whisper, causing Amanda to look quickly at her fellow redhead. There was a slight blush on Scooter’s face when he said it, but he was able to look her in the eye as he did.

Blushing herself, Amanda ran the back of her hand across the bow tie that was tied around his neck. “You don’t look too bad yourself,” she murmured, her eyes locking with his. The two seemed mesmorized by each other for the moment, good times sweeping across their faces as they remembered their lives before the argument.

“Amanda…”

“Scooter, I…”

The two had moved closer together, perhaps unknowingly, and it was clear they each had something to say to the other. “Perhaps,” Scooter began, licking his lips slightly from nervousness. “We…we should go somewhere and…”

“We need to talk,” Amanda finished. “I never wanted it to be this way.”

Swallowing the lump that seemed lodged in his throat, Scooter nodded. “I think there’s a few offices that might be open,” he said. “We can talk in there.”

The Whatnot nodded, slowly, before stepping away from her dance partner and turning to walk off the dance floor, Scooter determinedly following behind her.

“Wonder where they’re headed?” Scottie murmured, leaning over to Piggy as he watched the two redheads walk off the dance floor and leave the ballroom.

“Perhaps a truce has been made?” the diva asked, her eyes also following the couple before they turned to notice that Kermit had appeared on her right side. “Mon Capitan! There you are.”

“Like you’ve been looking for me,” the frog groused.

Grabbing the frog by the flipper and pulling him closer, Piggy replying, “Mon Cher, this is monsieur Scott Coulter. Scottie, this is Moi’s Capitan, our glorious leader, Kermit the Frog.”

“It’s a pleasure, Mr. The Frog.”

“Oh, the pleasure’s all mine,” Kermit replied. “With you keeping her royal highness busy, I can actually mingle and talk to other people.”

“He’s adorable, isn’t he?” Piggy equipped. “I take it we’re having fun?”

“Pretty much,” the frog replied. “Hey, was that Scooter and Amanda I saw walking out of here?”

“You did,” Piggy said.

“Wonder what that was about.”

“Same as us,” Scottie replied. “Hopefully, they’ve gone to work out whatever’s gotten them in this situation.”

While Scottie was speaking, Piggy was busy putting her hand in one of Kermit’s jacket pocket, before fishing around in one of his inner. “What are you doing?” the frog asked, incredulously.

Pulling out a compact mirror, Piggy quickly checked her face before putting it back in the inner pocket. “Don’t you have a purse?”

Piggy scoffed at him. “Yeah.”

Getting nothing more from her, Kermit huffed. “Here?”

“Of course.”

Narrowing his eyes, Kermit none the less pointed at her and stated, “Keep your hands out of my pockets.”

“Now that’s a line,” Scottie chuckled, earning his own look from the frog.

“Keep out of trouble, darling,” the pig replied, watching as the frog stalked off to mingle with some of the business folk in the room.

“He seems nice.”

“Oh, he grumbles and pouts,” Piggy responded, a wistful smile on her face. “But he is nice.”

[hr]

With a hotel full of people and a convention hall full of business folk, the two redheads were lucky to find an open and smaller conference room that was unused and thereby perfect for them to speak. Allowing Amanda in first, Scooter looked around to see if anyone was watching them, before walking inside, closing and locking the door behind him. Standing in the semi-dark room, Scooter turned to look at his ‘former’ girlfriend, leaning against the table that sat within the room.
At once, the two began to apologize.

“I’m sorry I didn’t tell you Scottie was gay.”

“I won’t let you break up with me without a fight.”

“What?”

“What!?”

“You think I’m breaking up with you!?”

“Scottie’s gay!?”

The two stared at each other in surprise. “You didn’t know,” Amanda whispered. “I’m so sorry, Scooter. I really thought you knew about Scott, I mean…it’s fairly obvious.”

“Is it!?”

Amanda chuckled slightly. “I guess it is to me,” she replied. “I mean, he did come out to me, so of course I know he is.” Shaking her head in some amusement, she sobered and looked at him. “Why would you think I would break up with you?”

Scooter shrugged. “You were spending a ton of time with Scottie,” he whispered. “He’s…he’s a good looking guy.”

The Whatnot smiled slightly, before leaning forward and stepping up to Scooter. Putting her arms around his neck, she said, “Yes he is, but you’re sexier than he is. In fact, I’m the one who should be jealous; he’s clearly more interested in you in than he is in me.”

Scooter couldn’t help but blush at the attention. “Well,” he said, pulling her closer to him. “I had planned to just let you go, let you be happy, but…I can’t. I love you too much, Mandy; I can’t let you go. Ever.”

“And I don’t ever want you to,” she whispered, bringing his lips to hers.

Even a week apart couldn’t dim the heat that always passed between the two when they were together and it was evident in the fact that the world around them seemed to fade away. Something must have clicked in Scooter’s mind or the fact that he had already lost his jacket to the ground and would have been happy enough to just leave the door locked, just to see if the table was as durable as it looked.

“Maybe we should go home,” Amanda panted, smiling slightly at the way the page’s eyes had glazed over.

“That’s…probably a good idea.”

[hr]

Back in the conference room, things looked to be winding down, at least as far as Kermit figured. Chase had bid him a fond farewell when it was clear that his daughter had abandoned him for her boyfriend, telling the frog to mention to the Whatnot to at least call her dear old dad. Kermit promised him of course before making his way through the crowd to find Piggy.

Like the social butterfly she was, Piggy had gone from just about every table and every group, making friends – or enemies – as she went along. He had managed to catch up to her once, only to have her rifle through his jacket pockets once again to grab her phone in order to find out where Amanda and Scooter had gone.

“Will you stop that!?” he exclaimed, annoyed that she seemed to be using him as transport for all of her stuff. Wait a second… “I’m just a walking purse to you, aren’t I?”

“Oh Kermie,” she giggled. “Don’t be silly. You’re a walking purse in a tuxedo; there’s a difference.”

Glaring at her, Kermit muttered, “I don’t even know why I hang out with you.”

Piggy was busy looking at her phone, simultaneously texting and receiving messages as she listened to her frog complain. “In case you were wondering,” she said. “Scooter and Amanda have bailed on us to continue their talk from earlier. And because you love me, dearheart.”

“They invite us to an invite and then ditch us,” the frog muttered. “Rude. And that’s not a reason. I must be used to you or something.”

“Whatever makes you sleep at night, darling.”

“Well, it’s not you!”

“You’re going to be awfully cold. And lonely.”

Kermit continued glaring at her, before turning away in a huff. “Blast your feminine whiles!”

That had been about twenty minutes ago and even the band on stage could see people were just milling around to mill around. The group declared their last song of the night, The Drifters’ classic, Save the Last Dance for Me and several couples decided to take the opportunity to get their last dances in before the night was done. Heading for the small group of staff and business men that were surrounded by a nearby table, Kermit could see Piggy happily holding court, Scottie and some dark haired waiter on either side of her, laughing at the stories she must be entertaining them with.

Several times, Piggy had been waltzed across the floor by some of her admirers and Kermit had glanced periodically to make sure the diva was holding her own or if he needed to come in and keep a particular rowdy fan boy away. But it was the end of the night and it was last call.

From her position in the center and with all attention on her, Piggy was having the time of her life. It was rare when she got to just hang out with non-celebrity folk, especially those who weren’t trying to get into one of their movies or trying to get her in one of theirs; and while the diva certainly loved the limelight, there were times that the simple life would call to her and just having a regular conversation about home towns, lost loves, catty people, and gossip could lift her spirits higher than any star she could hang on her dressing room.

Hearing the music from the band start up, Piggy knew that her evening had ended, though she still had one last dance in her. “Last dance, mon amies!” she announced, instantly having several ask if they could be her final dance partner. “Moi would love to dance every single dance with everyone of you - ”

“As if you didn’t already,” Scottie joked.

“But Moi does have the last dance reserved,” she continued. “But it has been an absolute pleasure, truly. Scottie, Emilio, we are still on for lunch next week?”

“With bells on, honey,” Emilio said. “And you best bring that Gucci, cause my mother will die when she sees it.”

“You got it, hot stuff,” the diva winked. “And now I’m off for the last dance. Ta, my darlings!”

Leaving her very established nest, Piggy none the less managed to find the frog waiting for her on the cusp of the dance floor, flipper held out for her as she drew near. “Waiting long?” she asked, as he drew her onto the floor and they began to dance.

“Only most of my life,” he replied.

“You’re incredibly adorable when you’re all romantic.”

“Maybe you should keep putting your hands in my pocket.”

“Fresh.”

“You like it and you know it.”

“I have never denied it.”

“Have a good time?”

“Very good,” she murmured. “And even better time will be had by all if the kids get back together.”

“Just a little spat, you said,” Kermit said. “Looks like they got back together pretty quick.”

“As if there was ever a doubt. Need to listen to me more.”

Kermit chuckled. “Not sure if that’s a good thing or a bad thing.”

So don’t you forget who’s taking you home

And in whose arms you’re gonna be

So darling, save the last dance for me

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
New chapter, Yay. Only the epilogue left to finish this one? Awww. But you get points for your song selection and for getting the redheads back together again. Huh, I could swear that's a song cue, but I still don't know which song it is. And I laugh yet sympathize with Kermit's complaint about a walking purse... At least that's one way Kerm, be thankful she hasn't chopped you so hard enough that you cartoonishly end up as a non-living leather purse.

Thanks for this, more please when you can. Oh, and be sure to check the wonderful new addition to KG. :wink:

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
Happy Monday!

As promised, here is our last chapter of 3 Ball! Mr. Count Mandingo, if you would please put this in the Pool Hall series, por favor. Heads up, there's a bit of steam at the start, but nothing too wild.

Epilogue

He had always heard that making up was the best part of having an argument with one’s girlfriend, but until now, he had never had cause or reason to believe that was ever true. He had seen so many of his friends break up and make up - a certain couple coming to mind – that he had always wondered if maybe they weren’t doing it on purpose.

But now, as he rolled to his side, feeling his heart began to slow, and looking into the eyes of the woman that he knew he was going to marry, Scooter Grosse completely understood the phrase and was thankful that in this case, it was indeed true.
He knew he was a fool to think that this would be the first and last argument that they would have, but he hoped that every time they did, it would end exactly like this. “That was a lovely way to end the night,” came the giggle form his side.

“And what makes you think the night’s over?” he asked, wagging his eyebrows, causing her to laugh right out.

They had made a beeline from their office conversation back home; as neither of them had driven over – with Chase arranging with Scottie beforehand that he planned on driving back with the car – they had called a cab in order to return home, though Scooter had asked which home she was referring to. Amanda had not only been clear, but adamant that it was Scooter’s home that she wanted to go.

From there, they were a standing tangle of arms, lips, whispered apologies, and promises to come until they headed towards what would hopefully soon become their bedroom and their bed, then they were a lying tangle of love and snuggles.

Snuggling closer to her, he whispered, “I love you.”

“I love you,” Amanda repeated. “Still want me to move in?”

“Of course,” he replied. “Do you still want to move in?”

“Of course,” she answered. “Just tell me when.”

“Whenever you want.”

“We probably should’ve sat down and figured out what I should even bring,” she said, stroking the side of his face.

“Whatever you want,” he whispered. “I’ll find room; just want you here.”

“We’re gonna spend a lot of time together.”

“I hope so.”

[hr]

One Week Later

There was a lot of hustle and bustle happening in the little townhome – a new tenant was moving in, but it wasn’t the tenant that was drawing attention, it was the help she was using. Two large monsters were hauling items as though they were hauling bins of apples, with as much ease as carrying an apple would be for a normal sized human or Muppet.

Both monsters were rather shaggy, though different colors, with the shaggier brown monster being about a foot taller than his orange counterpart; both were responding to the smaller Muppet who wore glasses, whom everyone knew in the neighborhood as the manager for the Muppets. For his part, Scooter had been directing the monsters to take whatever items Amanda wanted to keep in his home, their home; they of course had plenty of the same items, such as couches and even cooking utensils, but Amanda was more than happy to give those items to folks – human or Muppet – that needed them more than she.

The neighbors next door got her couches, while Scooter’s neighbors down the block got her full size bed as a spare for their guest room. Sweetums – the large, shaggy brown monster – had a need for the dining room, for whatever purpose, while Gene had requested the extra bookcase for his own uses; neither Scooter nor Amanda questioned what the monsters were using the items for. Amanda was extremely grateful for the help, especially when it would have cost her a lot more if she had hired a moving crew; with both monsters, instead of the hours that it may have taken to move, it was only a few minutes, at the very most an hour for all the time it took.

Even the time she had figured it would take to move the furniture around went by in a pinch thanks to Gene and Sweetums, both took instructions on moving some of the items with good cheer. As a thanks, Amanda had a huge catered lunch brought in, one for Gene and one for Sweetums, unsure as to what both truly wanted for lunch, but again, the two were surprised by the gesture they weren’t about to complain on the offerings.

Once it was done – with furniture placed where it needed to be and various items in the rooms they were supposed to be in, the couple said goodbye to their movers and sat down on their couch for a little bit of television watching on their TV. “Do you think this will be weird?”

“Living together?” Scooter asked.

“Yeah,” confirmed the Whatnot. “I mean, you’ve heard what they’ve said about couples who live together, that they often end up never taking that next step or worse, breaking up. I don’t want that to happen, Scooter, especially after this last…debacle.”

“Hey,” he whispered, pulling her close. “It was a misunderstanding and as much as I’d like to think it’ll never happen again, but it probably will. Couples fight, I mean look at the ones I hang out with, but I know we can get though it. Mandy, I meant what I said; I don’t plan on losing you. I love you.”

Reaching over, Amanda hugged him tightly. “Oh Scooter,” she cooed. “I’m gonna make an honest man out of you.”

Chuckling, his reply was, “Shouldn’t that be my line?”

Leaning back to look at him, she asked, “Is that a promise, Mr. Grosse?”

It was on the tip of his tongue to answer, “That’s a promise, Mrs. Grosse,” but not wanting to reveal just how close and how right she was, he instead said, “It’s a promise.”

And it most definitely was a promise he intended to keep, for as long as she would let him.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Will add this next chance I get to head into the FLIfiling shelves. Was about to pull a you Gina, but then I checked my inbox and saw there was indeed an update.

Good use of monsters as movers. Was a bit confused as to who the orange one was, but when it was revealed as Gene I knew who he was. Love that Scooter and Amanda made up, ending up together. Thas a nice cozy little ending scene I'm awaiting whatever else you gots in the works for us next.
*Leaves some PB filled brownies for WMG. :jim: