Threadless Muppet T-Shirt Design Challenge

TimmyMonsterIL

Reaction score
Does anyone who has entered know if Threadless owns the submissions once they're put on their website? If they don't, I think contestants should be able to submit their designs to redbubble.com.

I know the shirts submitted to teefury.com end up there once their 24 hour sales day has concluded.

It's a great website that allows independent artists to sell prints or t-shirts. I'm not sure of their submission process, but I know they have Muppet designs already.

I was very happy with my "Wocka Wocka Orange" Fozzie parody tee I got from them.

http://www.redbubble.com/people/krisvahl/t-shirts/5857617-fozzie-droog

Psammeadboi

Reaction score
I submitted my design about a week ago. It was doing well in the first few days. Any "5" votes are appreciated.

I've been a long time muppet artist, but I've never taken the time to really submit work anywhere. This was the little extra oomph I needed to make that happen.

Vote here:
http://disney.threadless.com/themuppets/submission/463/

I like doing pencil drawings, so this started as pencil drawings that were later scanned and colored in photoshop. I really tried to capture the characters' looks and feel from the The Muppet Show era, using source material such as The Muppet Movie and select episodes of The Muppet Show.

The story on the shirt is that Miss Piggy has decided to take center stage, as usual, atop the The Muppets Logo. As the logo starts to tilt under her weight, her friends are there to support her, quite literally! It was really important for me to include the classic core characters working together and really displaying their friendship (the theme of the shirt).Friends support you no matter what and the show must go on!

Thanks and enjoy!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I submitted my design about a week ago. It was doing well in the first few days. Any "5" votes are appreciated.

I've been a long time muppet artist, but I've never taken the time to really submit work anywhere. This was the little extra oomph I needed to make that happen.

Vote here:
http://disney.threadless.com/themuppets/submission/463/

I like doing pencil drawings, so this started as pencil drawings that were later scanned and colored in photoshop. I really tried to capture the characters' looks and feel from the The Muppet Show era, using source material such as The Muppet Movie and select episodes of The Muppet Show.

The story on the shirt is that Miss Piggy has decided to take center stage, as usual, atop the The Muppets Logo. As the logo starts to tilt under her weight, her friends are there to support her, quite literally! It was really important for me to include the classic core characters working together and really displaying their friendship (the theme of the shirt).Friends support you no matter what and the show must go on!

Thanks and enjoy!
It's pretty and I like that Scooter's in it!! :cool:

hey everybody!
when you have a moment please check out my muppet design for the latest threadless design challenge.
the higher the rating i get the more of a chance it has of actually being produced!

http://disney.threadless.com/themuppets/subs/#/submission/1221/

thanks
bb
Great design!! And of course I dig the line art. :wink:

rowlfy662

Reaction score
these are all great i just wish they would stop decling mine and the email from them for the one i posted was a slap to the face your image needs work but i shall try again

beaker

Reaction score
Finally went through every design on there, nice! Been feeling a little depressed lately, but seeing all those wonderful inspired designs cheered me up a bit.

Btw, anyone know how long it takes for them to approve your submission for scoring once you've submitted?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Finally went through every design on there, nice! Been feeling a little depressed lately, but seeing all those wonderful inspired designs cheered me up a bit.

Btw, anyone know how long it takes for them to approve your submission for scoring once you've submitted?
Just 5d ya!

beaker

Reaction score
Hmm, how come no one has done Pepe? Seems like most the designs are focused specifically on TMS...also surprised there's no Rizzo either. I did see one that had a Frackle, Muppaphone, Uncle Deadly, Snowths and even Droop!

Thinking back to DW's controversial post about Muppet comic artist politics, I definitely am seeing a lot of people who should be illustrating Muppets for a living!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
i
Hmm, how come no one has done Pepe? Seems like most the designs are focused specifically on TMS...also surprised there's no Rizzo either. I did see one that had a Frackle, Muppaphone, Uncle Deadly, Snowths and even Droop!

Thinking back to DW's controversial post about Muppet comic artist politics, I definitely am seeing a lot of people who should be illustrating Muppets for a living!
I put Pepe right by Kermit on mine. A few of them have him in them. Black Prawn is particularly funny. Some people just have so much hate for Pepe. I don't get it because I love me some prawn!
extreme closeup!​