Threadless Muppet T-Shirt Design Challenge

Reaction score
:oops: How did I miss that! Like I said, there's so many characters in such a small space and, somehow, I didn't even realize that Beau and George were together. I realized they were both there, but for some reason I hadn't occurred to me that they were right next to each other and both janitors. That was definitely one of my stupider comments...
I'm not too worried about the exchange though. Threadless seems like a good company thus far and I'm sure they'll be easy to work with.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
The feeling is mutual, especially since my shirt has a defect. The stitching is crooked and it hangs in a subtle spiral around my torso making the image appear crooked. Fail. I'm currently in the process of making an exchange. Seriously Jamie, the design is awesome! It's amazing how many characters you fit in that space. The only thing that bothers me a little (which is very minor) is that I feel you should have placed Mildred and George together since they were "At the Dance" partners. That's hardly a complaint considering how much thought you put in to character placement. Putting Sam in there with Statler and Waldorf was brilliant.
My shirt has the green of the design peeling off with every wash in some places, especially around Sweetum's nose which has a bunch of holes in it. I really don't mind but I hope the shirt still looks like Kermit by this time next year.

TimmyMonsterIL

Reaction score
My shirt has the green of the design peeling off with every wash in some places, especially around Sweetum's nose which has a bunch of holes in it. I really don't mind but I hope the shirt still looks like Kermit by this time next year.
Bob, are you washing your shirt in cold water? All of my graphic tees, I wash in cold water and hang up to dry. Its a slight process, but keeps the shirts pretty much as good as new!

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Bob, are you washing your shirt in cold water? All of my graphic tees, I wash in cold water and hang up to dry. Its a slight process, but keeps the shirts pretty much as good as new!
Oh, of course! I do exactly what you describe. The peeling green sans Sweetums' nose (which had a tad of green missing when I got it anyway) just does it on its own outside the wash, it's weird.

Reaction score
Sounds like you got a bad print. Specifically, it sounds like the plastisol ink was cured too much before it was applied to the shirt. That's usually why it will peel. I'd contact Threadless about that issue. It shouldn't be peeling as much as you're describing. Really it shouldn't be peeling at all if you're taking proper care of it as you say you are.

dwmckim

Reaction score
The whole how-will-the-shirt-behave-after-washings is one of the things that have caused me to not order the shirt so far (the other being lack of money) i'm pretty ambivalent of having both a great work of art and an awesome shirt being rendered less-than-fabulous after cleaning takes place.

I had hoped that this would be the shirt i wear to see "The Muppets" for the first time but given mail time and the fact that i still have to often resort for free ketchup packets for a meal substitution, i can pretty much tell this won't happen. I'll probably go with my tan Kermit head shirt since it resembles a shirt Walter himself wears in the film.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Hmmm. I haven't had a problem with the tees yet and I've washed one about 8 times. In fact, I've been impressed with how well they're printed and have held up. However, I wash in cold and tumble dry on the lowest settinge bNot many people do both. A lot of people hand dry graphic tees.

The tee quality itself is an issue for some. It's a thinner material that won't be as durable as a Hanes shirt. It is soft feeling to wear so that's good.

Reaction score
Wow! I simply sent threadless a single email explaining what the problem was and they instantly took care of me. Now that's good customer support! Hopefully, if all goes well, I'll have a good shirt by Monday.:smile:

PDiddymus

Reaction score