Thoughts on vintage Sesame Street toys

Cookie3001

Reaction score
I was at my local thrift store today and saw 3 vintage SS toys. The first was one I had seen before, It was a wind up car with Big Bird, Oscar and Ernie made by Illco. The second was toy jukebox with Elmo, Zoe and several other characters on it. The 3rd was a carousel with Bert, Ernie and Cookie Monster. If any of these toys are rare please let me know, if they are worthless then let me know, I might go back and buy them

Cookie3001

Reaction score
Well, I went back and bought 2 of those SS toys. I bought the Big Bird, Ernie and Oscar car and the Jukebox. When I paid for them some people in the store looked at me like I was from mars, they probably thought it was weird to see a teenage boy buying Sesame Street toys :laugh: , I don't care though, I am proud to be a Sesame geek. I didn't buy the carousel but I might when I get some more money

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
We have the 123 building from when my dad was a kid in the '70s and most of the Tyco PVCs from the '90s that scale well with it. I love that Applause baby Honker with the nose that actually honks. Aside from that, the Palisades' line not coming to fruition is one of the greatest atrocities of the 21st century.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
We have the 123 building from when my dad was a kid in the '70s and most of the Tyco PVCs from the '90s that scale well with it. I love that Applause baby Honker with the nose that actually honks. Aside from that, the Palisades' line not coming to fruition is one of the greatest atrocities of the 21st century.
Yeah, I also love Palisades but it sucks that they never got to finish the Sesame Street set

Cookie3001

Reaction score
I plan to visit several thrift stores and flea markets to see what SS merch I can find

Cookie3001

Reaction score
Okay, I bought 2 SS toys at my local thrift store, they were a little more expensive and aren't as old or rare as most of my stuff

Cookie3001

Reaction score
First I have this carousel made by Illco, I can't find the date it was made in anywhere but it looks like it's form the early 90s

Cookie3001

Reaction score
I don't think this really counts as vintage but it is a little old since it's from 13 years ago and it's old to me since it's from the era I grew up in. It's the TMX Tickle Me Cookie Monster, he was only 3 dollars

I remember really wanting one of these when I was little but never got one since they were so expensive and I would usually blow the money I had on vintage toys at thrift stores