Thoughts on vintage Sesame Street toys

Cookie3001

Reaction score
I don't know if I mentioned it before but I LOVE to collect Sesame Street, Muppet and Henson toys and collectibles. I'm not very fond of the new Sesame Street toys but I really like all of the vintage SS toys. On this thread you can share your thoughts on what the best SS toys were, what your favorite SS toy was growing up or even some SS toys you don't like

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I’ve got quite a few plushies from the 90’s, as well as an old Lefty finger puppet.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Applause was one of the best companies to produce Sesame Street merchandise

Cookie3001

Reaction score
Applause was one of the best companies to produce Sesame Street merchandise
I agree, my favorite SS plushies were the Applause plushies. I have Big Bird :wisdom:, Oscar :grouchy: and Super Grover :super: plushies along with a purple Honker hand puppet, I have a majority of the Applause PVC figures and a plastic Grover mug, I love applause
I’ve got quite a few plushies from the 90’s, as well as an old Lefty finger puppet.
I love the old rubber finger puppets, I only have Big Bird and I hope to find more soon

Cookie3001

Reaction score
Here are the very first SS toys I owned

the Cookie Monster :insatiable: is made by Hasbro softies, Ernie :stick_out_tongue: might be made by Hasbro I'm not really sure which company made him and I have no clue what company made Elmo :laugh: he looks like he might be from Tyco or Applause

Cookie3001

Reaction score
Here is one SS toy I never owned but hope to find someday

Big Bird Storymagic. The Sesame Street equivalent of Teddy Ruxpin with Cookie and Oscar. I always thought this was an amazing toy and I hope to own it someday

Cookie3001

Reaction score
Did anyone else own any Sesame Street toys made by Illco? because grew up playing with a lot of Sesame Street Illco toys

Cookie3001

Reaction score
If you could have any vintage SS toy released again for Sesame Street's 50th anniversary what would it be?

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I would like the action figures to be released.