Thoughts on the Puppet Heap muppets

Cookie3001

Reaction score
Yes I know this is old news but I really feel like this needs a thread. Just give your opinion on the Disney Muppets being made by Puppet Heap :concern:

LaRanaRene

Reaction score
They do a very good job. I am grateful for them.
That being said, some of the puppets look quite odd and I'm not sure why the Jim Henson Company doesn't just make them. If anyone knows why I'd greatly appreciate learning. But it's clear Puppet Heap has its own distinct style that slighty deviates from the Muppet style we're used to. It might just be me, but a lot of the character builds feel more like replicas.
The Gonzo and Fozzie puppets took a while for me to get used to. I'm not sure what it is about Fozzie, it might be the fur or the smaller, more rounded head shape, but I really didn't like the new design at first. I've grown to like it quite a bit, it's very cute and cuddly. Gonzo is a different story. Gonzo's head is a lot bigger and he just doesn't really look like the Gonzo I know.
I still haven't gotten used to Floyd. His head is a little too wide and he just doesn't really feel like Floyd. Ugh, I feel like I'm nitpicking too much!! But seriously, they do a fantastic job and I'm very thankful for them.
Scooter looks fantastic. So do Kermit, Piggy, Rowlf, Uncle Deadly, and countless others. It's just that — and you'll probably understand — growing up with these characters you develop a familiarity and a sort of expectation for what they look like and changes like these can be a little jarring. It's like if you came back home one day and your mom got a haircut. Yeah, I don't know what I'm talking about either.
But I can't imagine how season one fans of The Muppet Show felt looking at Gonzo, Miss Piggy, and Fozzie when season two premiered!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
We kinda-sorta have a thread where we've been discussing this:

Cookie3001

Reaction score
I know but I wanted a thread for all of the Puppet Heap muppets instead of just Fozzie

Cookie3001

Reaction score
I think that visually they are pretty good but when you think about it Disney didn't put much thought into it. Before Puppet Heap just made puppets for little things like commercials and stuff like that so they hadn't done anything major

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I mean, what can really be said about them? They make puppets. They look pretty good. Gonzo hasn't looked right in over a decade, but whatever. Fozzie doesn't look too well either, but as I'm sure you're heard, they just don't make the material he used to be made out of and they did the best they could to find a close-enough alternative.

Like, other than those two rebuilds, there really isn't a whole lot to comment on.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I know but I wanted a thread for all of the Puppet Heap muppets instead of just Fozzie
That's what I mean - the thread discusses a lot more than just Fozzie, it basically has turned into a thread discussing a wide variety of current builds and rebuilds of various different Muppet characters, both Classic Muppets and Sesame Muppets.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Yeah, I think the rebuilds mostly look good. some of them it's hard to tell that they were even rebuilt, like Lips for instance. Apparently until about five years ago, they had been using the original puppet.